Chapter Thirty-Seven.

Ella's POV

As I looked to the clock and realized it was already 5AM and I still hadn't slept, I sighed, yawning and stepping out of bed, walking to the shower and turning it all the way to the hottest it could go.

I slipped out of my clothes and stepped in the shower, letting the water fall onto my body as I washed my hair and body.

Once I was finished with everything, I turned the water off and stepped out, wrapping my hair in a towel and putting another around my body. I went to my room and dressed in simple skinny jeans and a sweatshirt, putting my vans on and putting my hair into a messy bun and leaving for school.

I still hadn't told Carter or Aiden, nor did I plan to. I know Carter is my best friend and Aiden is my brother, but I was too chicken to tell them that they were right about him.

I walked to school in silence, immediately going inside without speaking to anyone, going to first period and sitting in my seat.

Carter slumped beside me and smiled, my lips barely forming a curve in response. His eyes went sad and loving. He knew I wasn't okay.

He stood up and pulled me out of my seat, the teacher looking puzzled as we left the classroom without a word spoken.

As we reached the hallway, I leaned against the wall, Carter standing in front of me.

"Okay what did he do," Carter said, crossing his arms and waiting for an answer.

"I..How did you know-" my voice came out quiet, weak, my gaze staying on my fingernails as I picked at them.

"You think I can't tell you've been crying? And I didn't exactly know that it was Harry," I cringed pathetically at the mention at his name, "but you just let me know it was."

"H-he.." I tried to say it but I couldn't. Carter's arms immediately went around me, embracing me as I began crying. Again.

"Don't tell me he cheated on you," Carter spoke and I sobbed even louder.

"Oh my god," he mumbled, kissing the top of my head and resting his chin on it.

He pulled away to look at me, his hands still touching my arms as he watched me, studying my face.

"You aren't just upset he cheated," Carter voiced his thoughts, "He made you feel insecure and not good enough," I now regretted keeping this from Carter, "You saw who she was, didn't you?" He asked me and I softly nodded.

"Is it that obvious?"

"No, I just know you, so please, Ella. Don't keep stuff like this from me," Carter gave me a small smile and I sniffled.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled into his chest.

"It's okay. Now I love you Ella, okay? Don't forget it, you'll always be my best friend." He said and I  smiled at the care Carter was giving me.

"I love you, Carter," I said, staying in his embrace until first period was over and we went back in the classroom.

"Carter, Aubriella, you will have detention today," the teacher said as we began walking out and Carter answered for us before he walked me to class. If it were normal Ella, she would have cringed at the sound of her name and been angry she got detention for the first time. But right now? This Ella didn't care.

Carter walked me all the way to second period, promising he won't skip gym class and then he departed for his class.

Not having sleep made me really tired and I had to push myself to stay awake for History class.