21. Sister's Protector Pt. 1

Alana P.O.V.

Me: So, how you been Camile?

??: Good, chillin', killin'.

I laughed at her while she laid back smoking her blunt on the couch. Right now we were at my cousin Camile's house, she's the only family we have in Chicago or family period. I called her up and she's letting us stay with her until we find our own temporary place to stay.

Camile: No. But I've mostly been chilling, focusing on volleyball.

I nodded.

Me: That's good.

Camile: How you been?

Me: Stressed.

Camile: Mm. How about you Alphonso, how you been?

He rolled his eyes and looked at her.

AJ: My names AJ now Cam and I've been good.

Camile: Mhm, AJ. Fits you.

He nodded smiling as she smoked the rest of her blunt sitting up straight looking at me.

Camile: So, why y'all here?

Me: Melvin got taken away by Jamal, so we came to gather some old campmates together and fight him. Simple.

Camile: Jamal? Ja-mal. J-A-M-A-L.

Me: Yep, that be him.

Camile: That fruity ass nigga got my uncle? Oh fucks no, where's he at?

Me: Calm down Cam.

Camile: Woo wap da bam, where is he?

I could hear the anger rise in her thick accent as she stood up looking around for her car keys.

Me: We don't know yet, that's why we're also here. You have resources that we don't have so we kinda need your help.

She sighed, sitting back down.

Camile: Ugh, can't stand him. How much time do you guys have?

Me: Three months.

Camile: And what's gonna happen after the three months?

Me: He's killing all of us.

She nodded rubbing her forehead leaning back some.

Camile: So, whatcha tryna do?

Me: Sneak his ass. Takedown all his men and rescue daddy and get the hell out of there-----(gco)

Camile: Uh-uh, nope. See you trying to be sneaky but that's not gone work. I assume y'all have done it already and now you're in this position.

AJ: Actually, Independent Rodriguez over here tried to have a face-to-face with him, got captured, damn near died, and that's why we are here now.

I frowned and looked at him sideways.

Me: So you saying that this is all my fault?

AJ: No, I'm not saying that I'm saying-----(gco)

Camile: That you need to stop being Captain Save the World and play it befa' ya ass come up dead somewhere.

AJ: Yeah.

Me: I'm sorry, it just happens and I don't know why.

Camile: Hold on, Carmen doesn't know you're here, does she?

I bit the inside of my cheek, looking around the room shaking my head.

Camile: You trying to get me stabbed by her.