Not An Update: Teaser

"Jamila, you and your brother walk to the store and get some bread. We're out."

I nodded. "Yes ma'am."

"Thank you." She passed me about five dollars and smiled. "Tell Mr Anderson I said hello."

"Yes ma'am, is that it?"

"Yes. Straight there and straight back, no detours."

"Yes ma'am."

I turned on my heels and went to Dakota's room and he was still packing, except he was packing the stuff from under his bed.

"Hey, mom says we gotta go to the store."

He sighed and nodded. "Alright, get dressed."

I nodded and walked to my room and closed the door thinking of something to wear. I went into my closet and found a cute pair of blue jeans and a white shirt.

I slipped on my clothes and looked into my full body mirror and saw how the pants hugged my small figure. I slipped on some black flats and some small stud diamonds in my ear, satisfied at my look.

"They'll never let you out the house looking like that." I heard Dakota say through the door.

"You can see me?"

"No, but you always try something new and it never works."

"If that's the case, take off that tight shirt and pull up your pants. Oh, and take them braids out yo head."

I walked over and opened the door and saw that I was very correct. He was wearing a tight Under Armour shirt, some slightly sagged shorts with braids in his head.

I smirked at him as he mugged me.

"Last one out the door is a dead person."

"You're on." I said grabbing my phone.

We ran down the hallway and made it halfway to the door when we heard daddy's voice.

"Where do you two think you're going with those clothes on?"

Dakota quickly pulled up his shorts smiling awkwardly.

"Oh, we're finna make a quick run to the store."

He nodded and looked at me. "Why are your pants so tight?"

I scoffed. "Their skinny jeans dad."

"Well go change."

I narrowed my eyes and laughed. "You're kidding right?"

He came closer to me and we were all of a sudden face to face. "Does it look like I'm playing Jamila? Go change, now."

"But daddy-----"

"But daddy nothing, go change or we gone have a problem."

I frowned and walked down the hall to my room. I've been down this road so many times, I'm surprised he hasn't burned all of my clothes.

I grabbed a pair of Adidas jogging sweats rolling up the legs, taking off my flats and replacing them with some old Samoa's before walking back down the hall.

"Happy?" I motioned to my outfit.

He looked up from reading his Bible on the couch nodding.

"Yes, hurry back."

I rolled my eyes slightly walking towards the door. Dakota opened it and let me walk out first as I waited on the porch for him to lock up.