7. Too Far

Jay P.O.V.

I drove past the apartments and parked at the very end. I hopped out and jogged up Malaysia's stairs.

I had to walk over a few druggies but I managed to get up there. I knocked on her door and her mom answered.

Me: Hey Mrs. Smith.

Mrs. S: Hi. What can I do for you?

Me: Is Malaysia home?

Mrs. S: Nope, haven't seen her all day.

Me: Have you looked for her?

Mrs. S: She'll come back I'm sure.

My blood started boiling and I finally snapped.

Me: She'll come back? Lady, she ain't coming back, she ain't coming back because you and your fucked up husband ran her away. Y'all asses done lacked so much as parents, it's affected how she performs at school.

I shook my head and backed up because I really wanted to choke her.

Me: Look, if she does happen to come back, tell her to hit me up. But I doubt she's coming.

Mrs. S: Hi Malaysia.

I frowned but turned around and seen her walking up the stairs slowly. Her face was red and she looked fatigued.

Me: Hey.

Laysia: Hey.

Me: You good?

She didn't say anything, she grabbed my arm and pushed us past her mom. We walked into her room and she locked the door behind her.

Me: What're you doing?

Laysia: Is your mom at home?

Me: Yeah.

Laysia: Good. Where did you park?

Me: My usual spot at the end of the street.

Laysia: Okay. I need you to park somewhere else. I don't want your shit getting broken into.

Me: Fine. But don't do anything reckless.

She smiled and pushed me.

Laysia: Hurry up before my dad gets back.

I jogged downstairs and brought my car closer to the front of the apartments.

Malaysia P.O.V.

I grabbed the rest of my clothes and stuff walking down the hall. I was about to open the front door when something hard hit the back of my head.

Me: WHAT THE FUCK!

Mama: Get back in here.

Me: Fuck you.

Mama: I will hurt you.

I dropped my bags and took out my earrings putting them in my back pocket.

Me: Then let's fight.

She slapped me and I massaged my jaw, feeling my blood rush to the fresh bruise. I shook off her hit and threw a right hook to her mouth.

She spit out some blood, tackling me onto the floor. We started rolling back and forth as I continued to punch her anywhere I could.

I was suddenly hoisted into the air and thrown over the kitchen counter, landing on the kitchen floor. I looked up and seen my dad's red, drunken face.

Dad: Get up you bitch.

I tried to move but my body was still in pain from being thrown across the room.