Chapter Thirteen: Chasing Pavements

Alexa's P.O.V.

I woke up in a room, with bright lights shining down onto me. I flinched from the light and sat up, my head was killing me. I rubbed my eyes and buried my face into my knees and started to cry. What Lily told me and Gabriel and Savannah was literally eating me from the inside out. I then felt someone touch my shoulder and I jumped back and whipped the tears away quickly. I then saw the figure of a person come to a place and finally saw Gabriel. I looked away from him, feeling so much pain killing me inside my stomach and heart.

"Alexa." He said my name in a whisper, and very kindly. I then peeked a look at him from my arms. He sat on the bed next to me with his back facing me.

"I'm really sorry for upsetting you about Savannah.." He told me. "I'm just trying to-"

"Distract yourself?" I asked him. He only nodded. I threw my legs over the bed and sighed. I then looked at the nightstand by the bed and I realized it was my room in Holland's house. There sat the blue tulip. I looked at the clock and saw it read 11:59. Oh crap! One more minute and then I'm 18! Then the clock changed and read 12:00.

"Happy Birthday," Gabriel told me. I turned to look at him but he wasn't in my room anymore. Thank God. I really didn't want to talk to that guy right now. I stood up and walked up to the door when suddenly Lily and Kalia marched into my room.

"Happy Birthday!" They both shouted together. I smiled at them and then realized Lily, and Kalia was born at the same time and day I was.

"Oh my God! Happy Birthday to you two as well!" I hugged them.

"Finally! I can try and get my drivers license again!" Kalia shouted.

"I'm not letting you drive me to school then," Lily said and crossed her arms laughing, I laughed with her. Then Lily frowned and sat down on my bed, so did Kalia.

"I miss school and friends," Lily spoke.

"Me too." Kalia and I said together as I sat down on the floor. Kyle entered my room and sat on the floor next to us all.

"I might have gotten three vampires pissed at me," Kyle said biting his lower lip. We laughed at him and then we all became a little sad again.

"Maybe we can go back?" Lily asked me. "My dad is worried about me. I told him I'm at a friends house, visiting. I hate lying to him." She crossed her arms. I looked at Kalia who only nodded her head.

"If we go back to school, I could finally pass my drivers license. We could even ask to move us to another school here in Brooklyn. It's worth a new start.." Kalia said. Kyle shrugged.

"Not a bad idea." He smiled at me.

"Yeah, but your human." I laughed at him, so did Kalia and Lily.

"Technically not, I talked to my mom on the phone about all this and she came clean and told me everything. Apparently, I'm Nephilim. We chase Demon's off the earth and we protect humans from anything that isn't normal." He told us.

"Trevor said Gabriel, Nate and him and their family use to be Nephilim. I wonder if there's a way to change them back." Kalia spoke up.

"Now all we need to do is talk to the Holland's and Trevor," Kalia said. "About going back."

"Yeah, I and you can take care of that," I told her.

***

Me, Kalia, Lily and Kyle packed our bags. There's no way they can keep us here and hidden. Me, Kalia, Lily and Kyle need a normal life... Otherwise, we would be an easier target when the War comes. We all walked downstairs and there stood Natalie. She smiled at me.

"Can I come? I mean, maybe your guy's Warlock friend could find a way to change me back." She smiled, she even had her bags packed.

"If anyone else is coming, it's you, Nat." I smiled at her. She smiled back.

"Will you come back?" A sleepy Rosie asked me and the rest. I gave her a bear hug and she laughed.

"I take that as a 'Yes'." She laughed at me.

"I could never forget little Rosie Cheeks," I told her smiling and kissed her head.

"Neither could I." Kalia smiled at her and kissed her head.

"So, you're leaving?" I turned to see Luna and Marcus sitting on the couch. I sighed and sat down on the other couch next to them, I took Luna's hand into mine and smiled at her. She had tears streaming down her cheeks. She looked a mess. I always thought of Luna as my mother since I got here. She was the first person who actually was serious and kind to me.

"Yeah. But- I'll come back to visit and-"

"No, you won't.." She smiled at me, she touched my cheek with her warm hands. "I know you need a normal life. But if you ever find a way to turn us all back into Nephilim, you'll come back and help us, won't you?" Luna asked.

"If you can find this cure for us. Please help us?" Marcus begged with tears in his eyes. I looked at Rosie and then back at them. They need this. They can't just not age forever and watch Rosie grow old and die. She needs parents who age with her. I smiled at them before nodding my head.

"Yes, I will find this cure for you all. I promise to come back." I said standing up. They stood up with me and Luna gave me a hug.

"I know you will. I always thought of you as a Holland when you first arrived here. You have the spirit." She smiled. I smiled back at her and looked at Marcus, he even had tears coming down his face.

"Good-bye." He said, and he actually hugged me! I can't believe it! I hugged Marcus back and pulled away.

"Tell Nate, Gabriel and Trevor we said goodbye.. Including Savannah." I said her name like it was poison in my mouth. I grabbed my bags and looked back at Rosie and smiled at her.

"See you later," I told her as I closed the door.

"Bye bye Ally! I love you!" She shouted as I closed it. We walked over to the car and set our stuff in there. I took one last breath and looked back at the house. I don't think I'll ever see them again... What if there wasn't a cure for them? So many questions ran through my head spinning. It almost made me sick. I will not give up on them. They are my friends, my allies... and my family. I got in the car and watched as the house faded away from the further we got.

So many questions started spinning through my head as Kyle drove us all away. Can I really find a cure for them? Aas there really a cure?

How can I save humanity from my father?