Chapter Two: Not the End, But the Beginning

Alexa's P.O.V.

The school was horrible! Evan ended up skipping all of his classes, which, by the way, was not like him. Kalia was worried the whole day about him. She even wanted to skip class and go check on upon him. But I held her back knowing that her parents would lose it on her. Evan has a loving and caring mother, he's an only child like me. His mother cares dearly for him and would never mind him staying or skipping classes since he was a straight-A student. I went home with Kalia and she seemed a little down, it wasn't like her. Usually, Kalia and I are singing together in the car having fun. But this.. this was not Kalia. When we got to her place she sat down on her bed and just stared at her shoes.

"Kal, I'm sure he's fine. He'll probably be at the party tonight." I tried to comfort her. She laid down onto her bed and sighed, I then laid down next to her.

"Why are we staring at the ceiling?" I asked laughing, she gave a small smile. "Ha! I knew I could get you to smile!" I yelled propping myself up on my elbow.

"Yeah, you always know how to turn things around." She laughed with me.

"So, what are we going to do for the time being?" I asked her.

"I dunno.. Plan Quinn's death?" An evil smile came to her face and I started to laugh.

"Okay, so how are we going to kill Quinn?" I joked.

"Oh! We could take him inside into his kitchen, and put his mouth in the blender! Then he can't say another mean word to Evan." She smiled. I couldn't help but ask, was she really falling for Evan? I mean after all these years, she just noticed he liked her? Well, then again, I didn't even know, so Kalia and I are pretty much in the same boat. I hugged Kalia, hoping that should comfort her, and to my surprise, she hugged me back.

"Let's stop being depressed now," I said like it was awkward.

"Okay! Let's party!" She jumped up and ran downstairs. Hmm, I wonder what she could possibly be getting right now for our so-called party. I laughed at this thought. When we were 13 she would sneak candy, cookies, and ice cream into her room and we would pig out on them while watching Finding Nemo or The Lorax. And in the morning when her mother and father found us asleep around candy wrappers and ice cream cartons, they would laugh so hard at us eventually waking us up. Those were the best memories I've had with Kalia. But then again, we still have more memories to make as we grow older together.

And just as I was thinking about that moment, she came in with candy, ice cream, and cookies! We sat there watching Finding Nemo as tradition and eating like pigs. It was fun, to say the least. Then, after the movie, Kalia checked her alarm clock and realized it was time to get ready for the party. She brought out our dresses and we quickly put them on.

Kalia's dress was white with gold sequins on the chest area. Mine, on the other hand, was a black flowing dress that cut just right at my knees. The straps were more like a tank top.

"Ready?" She asked me.

"Yup, and you?" I asked. She only nodded looking disappointed.

"Hey, I'm sure he will be there. He promised to be there to watch out for us." I said. She gave a small smile and nodded linking arms with me.

"Let us go, then." She shouted, pointing towards the door as we walked out.

***

When we got to the party, it was majorly packed with people. Some from the High School, College students, and most likely other adults who had nothing better to do than crash a bunch of teenagers party.