Chapter Three: New Life

Alexa's P.O.V.

All I could see was darkness, nothing else. I was certain that that man hit me so hard on the head I got a concussion and died. I thought that it was the end of my life right there. My foster father will feel abandoned, just like when my foster mother left. Kalia's foster parents will feel heartbroken. Same with Evan's mother... Right as I was feeling at peace, I felt myself waking up, I really didn't want to wake up and find out where I was. I was afraid of where those men took me. My eyes started to flutter open and a bright light shined in my eyes. I looked away and sat up, trying to focus on my vision. I looked around and everything became more clear.

"Finally! You're awake!" A woman scared me. I jumped and realized my boots were no longer on my feet as the cold air hit them.

"Where am I? And where are my boots?" I asked standing up. 

"Oh, those old things? You don't want those now." She spoke.

"Well, can I at least have them back and put them back on?" I asked. She took a minute to think about it before nodding her head.

"Fine." She put them at my feet and I slipped them back on. "Come on now. The line is going down."

"Line? What line? Who are you?" I was so confused right now, I really wanted to get some answers, most preferably go home.

"My name is Sophia. I work here at the Auction. Your being sold to, this may be hard to believe, but vampires. Vampires are wealthy and have mansions mostly depending on the family. If you're taken into a wealthy family, they give you chores to clean around the house, cook them meals whenever they feel like it, and so on and so forth." She explained.

"So, basically we're slaves to them?" I asked shaking.

"Yes. I'm so sorry darling. I never got sold, so they kept me here to work and help the girls with their hair, make-up, and clothing. Maybe you won't get sold too." I wanted to cry, but before I could even shed a tear, Sophia gave me a tissue and hugged me. She looked as if she was in her 20's, which wasn't a bad thing considering she was a very pretty woman. Her long blonde hair was straight, and her eyes were golden.

"Come on now." She led me out the room, the hall was very nice, filled with painting on the wall, almost like my room since I'm so artistic. But these were by famous artists know to society.. As we approached the line, I noticed a familiar brunette standing in line.

"Lia!" I shouted. She looked around until her eyes landed on me before she left the line and hugged me, I could tell she was just as frightened as I was.

"I'm so scarred, Lexi." She whispered so no one else could hear us. The last time she called me Lexi was when my adoptive mother had left both me and my adoptive father to comfort me.

"I know.. But we have to be strong." I told her.

"Next is Kalia Adele Donttee" Someone spoke. I felt Kalia start to shake before I gave her one last hug and whispered into her ear.

"We'll find each other again, Kalia. I promise. I'll find you, and then we'll find Evan." I told her.

"I know we will. We always find each other." She laughed. "Good-bye, Superman." She teased.

"Good-bye, Batman." I teased back. And then she left to the stage. I wanted to hold her back and keep her with me so we both don't get separated. But the bidding started, and in a quick snap, it ended. I cried watching my best friend get taken away. She looked back at me before she left the giant room and mouthed something to me that I couldn't make out...

***

As hours passed, and I saw the line get shorter and shorter I counted all the girls that were taken away and all the girls who were never sold. 69 sold, and 5 not sold. If I wasn't sold I could escape and find Kalia, then we could both find Evan. God knows what's happening to him right now. I hope he was okay and safe. I just hope...

***

Kalia's P.O.V.

The lady guiding me out gripped onto my arm so tightly that there might as well be red marks right there after.. Vampires. That's what we're dealing with. I wanted to tell Alexa that there is probably no way to escape, that we will never make it out alive. But that's the thing with Alexa. If you tell her she can't do it, she ends up doing it, trying to prove to everyone that she can do it. When we were 7, we were bouncing on my tramp. I told her she couldn't do a backflip, only because I was worried she would get hurt. But she ended up doing it. Then there was that time when we were on the roof with my foster dad when we were 10.

I told her that she can't get down without a ladder, but she ended up jumping off the roof. Sure she broke her arm, but she laughed at it. She thought it was fun and wanted to do it again. That's when I realized, that Alexa was fearless. She wasn't scared of death. But ever since we both found out that there are Supernatural things that exist now, I wasn't so sure how fearless she was now.

"Get in." The blonde told me. That's when I realized it was the blonde who knocked me out. I glared at him and spit at his feet, but he just laughed.

"Very funny. I'm not gonna harm you if you get into the car. Now if you don't then I will." He smiled.

"Someone must have not had a happy childhood," I growled.

"Ha, you have quite the mouth. Same with your friend. Alexandria was it?" I got into the car and he smiled.

"Good." He said. "Drive."

"Who are you? And how do you know me and my friends?" I asked.

"My name is Trevor. I work here, with the vampires. Am I one of them? No. I'm a Warlock. I didn't use my hands or anything to knock you and your friend out, I used a spell. I work for my well our master, Hendrick. He's a good man once you get to know him. He has a son and a daughter, his wife passed away when she gave birth to his daughter, the youngest."

"So are his kids bad? Or good just like him?" I asked crossing my arms and staring out the window.

"Actually, you met his son in the woods. He can be a jerk and a really nice guy." He smiled. That's when I started to think it over, wait for a second...

"No.. no, no no.," I said looking at him.

"Oh yes, I am his son." He smiled.

"Then how are you a Warlock?" I asked.

"I'm adopted. My parents were a Witch and Warlock but they were killed by an evil vampire. I'm half Warlock half Vampire." He told me.

"I'm sorry about your parents," I said.

"Don't be. You're not the one who killed them.."