Chapter 3- The Breakup

Marcos pov

I waited until 4pm came, the time went so slow but eventually star and her father came to pick me up in a carriage which landed outside my bedroom window.

I rushed downstairs and outside to greet them.

star ran out "Marco!" she hugged me tightly and i wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey star!" I followed her into the carriage and took a seat next to her.

"Wheres your hoodie?" She busied herself in going through my bag.

"Its in there somewhere."

"Why do you need this?" She pulled out an old torch which i made with my dad when i was 8.

"Oh, i was planning on doing it later but, this is a torch which i made when i was 8, id like you to have it." I watched her as she flicked the light on and off.

"Thanks marco!" She hugged me again.

Stars pov

We arrived at the castle and i grabbed marcos hand and took him to my room.

"Hey marco, i have something for you aswell." I went to grab the bird egg which i had been saving for marco and gave it to him.

"Whats this?" He looked at it with a look of confusion. 

"Its a dove egg, once it hatches you can have a baby dove of your own, and then you can send me letters." I smiled at him.

"Thanks star, this kinda makes my gift seem pretty terrible." Marco rubbed the back of his neck.

"No it doesnt marco." I sat down on my bed and passed him and old bird cage which i didnt need anymore.

"Thanks star." He placed the egg inside the bird cage and set it down on my table.

He came to sit next to me. " So hows jackie?" I fiddled with a keyring which was on my bedside table.

"I dont know star, she seems pretty annoyed with me at the moment." He looked sad.

I wrapped my arm around his shoulder "Why, whats wrong?"

"She wanted to go out today but i was coming here to see you, and after the party she kept trying to pester me about you and everything."

"Oh i see." I looked at the floor and sighed.

"Do you actually have a crush on me?" He blushed and scratched his head.

Ponyhead just said tell him the truth, which seemed like the only option for me right now.

"I- erm." I blushed "Yes." I looked at him and tucked my hair behind my ear.

We stared at each other awkwardly for awhile until his phone rang.

Marcos pov

"Oh hey, Jackie." I laughed akwardly.

"Marco where the hell are you?" Jackie sounded annoyed

"Oh, at home why?"

"No your not, i went to your house and your parent said you had gone to stay your friends." 

"Yeah well i went home."

"Can i come over then?" Jackie huffed.

"Jackie, I- no i need some rest."

"This isnt about star again is it?"

"Kinda."

"Marco, quit lying, where are you?"

"I told you jackie im at home." I started to get annoyed.

"Im on my way."

"Jackie, wait."

She ended the call.

"What was all that about?" star looked over at me.

"Jackies going to my place."

"Just tell her your here with me." Star shrugged.

"I cant, she might brake up with me."

"What? Why?" Star looked surprised.

"Shes jealous, I think." I sighed sadly.

The phone started ringing.

"Marco your not at home." Jackie said sternly.

"Im at stars." I looked at star and she smiled affectionately.

"Marco, this isnt going to work, i havnt seen you in three days."

"Ill see you on monday Jackie."

"Marco, im sorry." Jackie sighed.

"Its over." She hung up.