22- Weeding Out Lies

Start from the beginning

Once more he seemed to think. "I don't know. I only caught th end where your brother said the girl was his." I frowned at that. My delusional brother needed to accept Rein had long ago decided she didn't want him. Christian read the anger as being directed towards him and added, "Kale was insulting her, something about fucking her because they live together?"

"She doesn't live with him."

"She's moving back to his house or something," he rushed out, looking pleased with himself. "I think that's where it started; her moving in with him again. Only I heard that their parents a-"

It only took a second for my face to fall. Now this, this was news to me. Even worse was it made too much sense to have been a lucky guess. I pulled out my phone, dialing Jakeson's number in a hurry. If that fucker knew anything about this and hadn't told me. . . It only reached the second ring before I hung up. He's in detention, I reminded myself, he can't answer.

"What's wrong?"

I slammed my locker shut, looking to Christian and his shaggy black hair with a glare. "What's wrong?" I mimicked him, taking a step closer, "What's wrong is nobody tells me anything these days, and when I do find out it's second hand information that I have to play with like some rubix cube!"

The angry growl barely made it out of my lips, I stalked down the hall. If Jakeson was in detention that meant Rein would be lacking a ride. With all the whispers of her and Skylar dating I knew where she'd be finding that ride home; Skylar. The rumor had probably started from them being so close all the time. Knowing how he fawned after her I wouldn't put it past him to add fuel to the fire.

I turned the corner with a bit of an added rush to my step. When I got there I'd play it cool. It would only make sense for me to give her a ride home. We did live together after all. Then I'd have the whole drive to find out what was really going on. Rein wouldn't lie to me, of that I was certain. And if her moving out was true?

I have to talk her out of it.

It was the only option. She couldn't move out! It was nice not having the house empty all the time. Sure, we used to throw parties, but I'd trade that just to watch Rein cook us dinner and spend a Friday night relaxing at home. I hadn't even realized I wanted that until she cme along. I used to look forward to partying so hard I'd wake up with a hangover and a random chick. Now all I wanted was to wake at the crack of dawn to catch Rein on her way to breakfast. Something about sitting across from her and sharing our food while Jakeson was fast asleep and unable to interrupt our one-on-one time made my day go smoothly.