Chapter 25

After they get there laughs out Eloy explains that this in normal and he probably stayed up the whole night with a girl and that his name was Diego. The food comes in and there is omelet and oatmeal…and nothing else but orange juice oh great I thought to myself “what’s wrong Ivy?” Diana asked. The food is served magically in plates and in front of us and the orange juice is poured in front of us too inside a tall glass. I hate omelets AND oatmeal I answered to Diana I looked around and saw everyone eat (and still no one else is sitting on my side of the table). I looked at my omelet in front of me suck it in Ivy just force yourself to eat everything and so I do.

I grab a fork from the table and cut a piece of the omelet, I stab it with my fork and put it in my mouth. I don’t like omelets because I think they have too much egg in them and cheese in them (of course it has vegetables too). I chew it and force it down my throat (I do this without making any kind of face), then I take a sip of my orange juice, which thankfully tastes good.

 While I do this Eloy’s family started to tell me about them. Diego is twenty-five and already out of college, Finn is nineteen and just starting college, Eloy is seventeen, Dan and Jimmy are both seven and in 1st grade and that’s all they say. Then I’m finally finished with my omelet yes! No more omelets I smiled to myself and then I hear chuckling from the guys. I look up and they are all staring at me “what?” I said to them they all smile “if you didn’t like the omelet, then all you had to say was that” Eloy’s said I felt like a little kid that just got caught for stealing a cookie and was lying for the first time. I look at all of them “I don’t know what you’re talking about” I say as I sipped some orange juice they all laughed again “you’re funny” Finn said “I read in your mind that you didn’t like omelets and told everyone” Jimmy said with such an innocent smile that it was really hard to stay mad at him so I just said “then why didn’t you guys say anything” I said putting my hands on my face “we wanted to know how far you would go on eating it” Diego said taking a sip from his orange juice.

“Whatever” I say and we all start eating in silence again at least I don’t have to eat the oatmeal anymore it wasn’t until everyone was finished with their breakfast when I ask “so who’s the oldest son in the family?” Nick answers “Diego is the oldest, then its Finn, Eloy, Dan, and then Jimmy”. “Oh, is that why you guys have specific seating?” they nodded and I wanted to ask where the mom was but then I thought she’s probably died and I didn’t want to feel anymore awkward than I already was, so I didn’t ask.

“So Ivy is it” Diego said looking at me “if you’re not human, than what are you?” he then eyed me. I didn’t get to answer because Jimmy jumped into the conversation and said “she’s a Fallen Angel!” Dan, Diego, and Finn are surprised (not Eloy and Nick because they already knew). Finn even spit out the orange juice that was in his mouth, Dan jerked his head and hit his head on the top of the chair, and Diego yelled out “What!”

I didn’t know it was such a big deal I thought in my head “yeah” I said then added “it’s not a big of a deal, I’m on harm unless in danger” Finn started coughing and finally cleared his throat and said “you mean THE Fallen Angel, the one everyone is looking for” he looked at Eloy (who wasn’t fazed at all) “and you’re supposed to be Eloy’s soul mate? And dad, are you okay with this” Finn kept going “how can you become a Fallen Angel?” Dan asked I looked at him and smiled “well, you can’t become one you’re created into one”. Nick coughed and said “if she’s Eloy’s soul mate, then I can’t do anything” he was clam and this seemed to make Finn calm too. Nobody said anything then Diego did something that didn’t faze me, I was actually was expecting this.

I’m pinned down on the ground as Diego sits on top me with both hands around my neck, it was so fast that nobody seemed to know what happened until a few moments after “get your hands off of her!” Eloy said getting up and running to get behind of Diego and tried to get him of me, it didn’t work. “If you ever do anything that means this family harm, I will kill you” he’s face reads that he is serious, but his eyes show that he’s scared and concerned it seemed that it was only me and Diego at the moment. “Did you know that me just being here, brings your family danger” he punches me in the cheek “don’t you dare say that!” he said I see Eloy getting angry and still trying to get him off of me with the help of Finn and Nick. I hear the crying of Jimmy and Dan somewhere I can’t see them, and then I look at Diego with such sad and desperate eyes as I whisper “I never want to bring anyone danger, all people see in me is a criminal and a killer, kill me if you want it won’t matter to me”.