chapter 13

The house looked old and rotten, I think there was mold on the side of the house. Once Loki and I went inside it wasn’t as rotten as it looked outside “hmm, so this was our house?” I asked Loki, he nodded “it was better in the old days” myself said. We find out that myself can’t come back out anymore because she lost most of her powers and both Loki and I told her never to come out. So she will always be with us and she agreed so it was all good.

The house was a one room with a king size bed, a table with chairs, a stove, kitchen supplies, a toaster, food, and  huge supply of guns and knives. “My favorite one is the one on top left corner, it’s really pretty” myself said and she was right it was pretty it was a machete with a black handle, the knife itself was a shiny silver color with bits of  turquoise on it making a pattern of beads jumping up and down. As I grabbed it, it felt like an old friend coming back “it was the first thing our creators gave us” myself said “we always had it with us in our back just in case we wanted to kill someone” I smiled then I put the machete inside the case, which was coal black, and strapped it to my back.

After a few minutes of choosing which blades are whose (Loki won most of them from rock, papers, and scissors) we ate some beans and rice I cooked up, some dried nuts, and all we drank was water. “So, what do we do now?” I asked as I sat on the right side of the bed “well hide of course” he answered I rolled my eyes “well wow, I never thought about that” we laughed and I almost felt like things were back to normal even if they will never be. “Since you asked, the first thing we are going to is reteach you how to fight” Loki said sitting on the opposite side of the bed, I considered this and nodded in agreement.

We switched keeping watch while the other slept, I took the first watch. “Their names were Liza and Toby, they were best friends and they both loved science” myself said “I actually meet Alex and David before, when they were one year old so they don’t remember us they were so cute flying around with their wings, they would play with us, hug us. We were so happy, but one day when we could finally take out our wings they were scared of us, because of our red wing they never came back and that was when our childhood ended too” what could’ve happen that had ended our whole childhood? She answered “everyday more and more needles were stuck onto us, every night they would give us shots of chemicals to give us more power and more intelligence they would say it was for my own good, to not die but they were laying” I shivered, no wonder I’m so afraid of needles when I go to the doctors.

I kept going “but we still loved them, for they were the only people that felt like family too us and I will never forget the day Liza save our life”. I waited for her to continue until Loki got up and whispered in my ear “time to switch” I jumped but didn’t look behind me I moved out of my post and into the bed.

It took me a while to get in the right position and say “good night” and I heard a faint good night back then fell to an endless sleep. I woke up the next morning to the smell of rice, as I sat up I saw Loki placing food on the table, which was rice, more dried nuts and water “good morning” I said yawning “finally woke up?” he said grinning “what does that mean?” he looked at me and laughed. Then I finally noticed that I’m soaking wet “ah!, what happened?” I asked getting up “well let’s see” he said “after you feel asleep, now this is the funny part, you were sleep walling everywhere” then he started laughing “that doesn’t explain why I’m wet” I said taking off my cloths and putting on new ones. “Oh, well the answer to that, is that I tried to wake you up but you didn’t so I had to wrestle you into bed” he said chuckling I sighed and starting eating my burned rice and dried nuts.

“Your cooking is horrible” I said while eating the rice “let’s make it clear that I’m the only one who’s going to cook, okay?” he nodded gobbling his food “that’s how it was in the past too” myself said I’m not surprised because really who can burn rice all you have to do it mix them in with a little water and there you had not so tasty rice. After we ate we went outside and I was amazed to see it so green and pretty “wow” all Loki did was nod and myself said ‘welcome to the forest of animals were animals rule, talk, and walk”