It was during the winter, I sat by the window, looking out and watching as my husband worked on a vehicle, repairing the engine. I smiled upon seeing his wipe his face, an oil smear on his cheek bone. Everything was perfect, nothing could take away my happiness, I was the happiest girl alive. I looked back down at my book and read quietly, my hand running over my baby bump subconsciously. I felt no movement, I took a sharp breath.

Glass shattered

A thud was heard as the book from my hand made contact with the floor.

A blood curdling scream resounded in the livingroom.

Blood stained fabric and blood stained wooden floors.

            I screamed out in pain and felt my whole body throb with a numbness, my stomach felt as if someone tore it open. I was in too much pain to realize Keith had rushed inside. Tears were streaming down my face rapidly, I screamed out in devastation and pain. Blood pooled beneath me and I cried harder, why was there so much blood?

"I'm sorry Mr. And Mrs. Kogane... but it's a miscarriage..."

"Mrs.Kogane, you aren't able to produce a baby..."

"No matter how many times you try... the baby will not survive..."

              I sat on the porch, looking out at the nothingness of the desert at five in the morning, I watched the sun rise slowly. My tired eyes barely pried open, dark bags hung from my once full of life eyes. Ever since the news that I couldn't have a baby broke out, I became depressed, knowing that I would never get to fulfill mine or Keith's dreams of raising children of our own blood. My gaze trailed down to the 3 rose bushes, small plaques rested in front of them. Names were engraved into them, the names that would've been my children's...

         I stared blankly at them for a while and the sun rays began to peak from the horizon. I stood up and walked over to the rose bushes, I let my fingertips graze the soft, crimson, petals. I let a tear stray from my eye and I turned towards the house, I trailed to the bathroom and opened one of the cabinets and grabbed a pair of scissors. I looked in the mirror and saw how untamed my hair was, it went past my lower back and it was in knots. I looked at my once youthful face, it had hallowed out, my eyes were sunken in, dark circles decorated my eyes. I examined my frail body before locking the bathroom door and picking the scissors up.

Snip, Snip, Snip

          My {H/C} fell onto the floor as I cut it all off. I cried silently, I was worthless, I was a disappointment, I will never be able to make him happy. He wanted children and I couldn't provide it, I couldn't stand being the unlucky one. He hated me... he didn't love me anymore, he couldn't... he couldn't love me because I couldn't give him what he wanted, what we wanted.

         I looked at myself in the mirror once more and my hair was now in a shoulder length style. I looked at myself in disgust, how could anyone love anyone like me? I was just born to disappoint the ones I loved, I looked down at my hands and clutched them tightly. I looked at the mirror and out of sheer anger.

Shattered glass decorated the bathroom tiles.

Blood poured from my knuckles

         I was breathing hard as I grabbed a shard of glass and brought it to my arm, I applied pressure but before I could break the skin, I felt two strong arms embrace me.

"STOP, LET ME GO!"

"___________ WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

"FOR FUCKS SAKE KEITH, LET. ME. GO!"

         I struggled in his grasp and he did not loosen his grip on me. I punched his chest repeatedly while sobbing uncontrollably, he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder, I kicked, yelled, cried, and hit his back with curled fists. He put me down on the bed and straddled me down, his eyes were bloodshot and his hair was long and messy, he had a prickly beard and his brows were furrowed. I struggled and he pinned my wrists above my head.

     "Keith... let me go... please..." I choked on a sob and he shook his head. "Not until you tell me what you were about to do in that bathroom." He replied sternly and I felt fear consume me. "I wasn't doing anything, I swear!" I lied, he didn't buy it. "Bull shit, the mirror and your bloody knuckles say otherwise."He glared hard at me and I completely broke under his stare. He noticed and got off of me, he sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap and hugged me, cradling me close to his chest.

       "Why?" He asked and my eyes met his, I looked down in shame. "Why? Why would you do this __________?" He asked and I sniffled. "I-I will never have a child... we will never be satisfied...." I whispered and he hugged me as more tears traveled down the sides of my face. "I don't care if you can't have a child __________... my only wish is to spend the rest of my life with you, until the day I die... I don't need anything else... that would be enough..."He whispered and I cried more, my heart shattered like glass. I was so unaware that not only I was affected, but my poor husband whom I didn't expect to be affected by the miscarriages.

        I cried and cried until I could cry no more, I shivered and gripped onto Keith's shirt. My eyes were drowsy, I felt myself being tucked in bedsheets and I was now laying down, a soft pillow rested beneath my head. I looked up at Keith and he leaned down to kiss my forehead. "I'm sorry..." I whispered as he exited the bedroom, one last tear rolled down the side of my face before I was thrown into complete tranquility.

                       "I'm sorry..."

~•30 years later•~

          The older man stared down at a rose bush that held white roses, the symbol of eternal love. He crouched down and read the plaque, the other rose bushes beside the white rise bush bloomed with beauty as the morning dew glinted in the sunlight. He set down a necklace, a necklace given as a gift from his wedding ceremony. He smiled and stood back up, looking up at the sky.

     "How's the weather up there __________?"

           The man smiled to himself and felt a tear roll down his cheek, he wiped it away. "Y'know... I miss you alot, you left too soon. Don't worry, I'll be up there with you soon love~" He leaned on his cane and felt a rain drop land on his hand, he tipped his hat down. "How are the kids? Are they a handful?I suppose they get if from you?" He chuckled to himself and sighed, he turned away and began to walk back into his home, "I love you __________..." He whispered as thunder clapped and small raindrops began to fall from the heavens. The wind picked up and as faint as it could, it made a small melody with the leaves and windchimes in the garden.

               "I love you too Keith..."