Chap. 16

Bee

I sat up on my bed and waited for Q all night to come by, but he didn't show up. My frustration with him grew with him because he was being distant about this whole ordeal. I finally shut my eyes and let it go.

"Good morning." His soft voice echoed into my ear as he wrapped his arm around me. I mentally rolled my eyes and released myself from his grip.

"Ouch." He whined.

"I barely even touched you." I snapped before rolling around to face him. I couldn't help but notice the sling that he had on and the big white bandage on his shoulder.

"Oh my goodness! What happen and don't lie to me?!" I sat up to examine the rest of his body and gave him my full attention.

"I went to handle the situation and I ended up getting into an argument that turned physical. He had a gun and we started to wrestling so that I could get the gun out of his hands." I arched my brow.

"He shot you?" "Yeah, not intentionally." I sighed deeply and put my head down.

"Babe, I'm good. No need for you to worry, I promise." He slid closer to me and rubbed my back.

"You keep saying that, but I believe it less and less every time you say it." I admitted. "Stop that, you just stressing out about it but it's over now." He assured and I simply nodded.

"Was my dad with you last night?" I questioned. His eyes widened, but he proceeded to answer me.

"Yeah, but that's not really important." Q tried to dodge the subject, but it was a big deal.

"No, it is important. My dad got arrested for murder Q. Were you there when that happen? Did you see it? Was it the same guy who shot you or what?"

Q

"Haha, Bahja stop playing..." I thought she was trying to be funny, but her face said otherwise.

"I'm not joking. Lourdes called me and told me last night about it. The shit was all on the news." I closed my eyes briefly and sighed.

"Fuckkk my life." I mumbled.

She reached her hand over and lifted my chin to face her. "What happened babe?" Worry was all in her tone. "Umm, I don't know." I lied.

"Matter fact, I gotta get out of here." I got up and immediately tried to rush out without giving her an explanation, but she caught up to me and beat me to the door.

"Move out the way please." She stood still in front of the door with her arms crossed and attitude on her face.

"No, not until you tell what is happening." "There's nothing to tell ma. Let it go." I insisted.

"Oh, for real. So, if it's nothing to tell then why are you rushing out my house now that you know my dad got arrested? You have a gun shot wound on your shoulder and you expect me to ignore all of that like it's normal. I didn't sign up for this Q!" Her veins popped as she was going off.

"I know you didn't, I'm sorry." I leaned down to kiss her forehead and attempted to loosen her arms to try to hug her.

"Get off me please, I'm mad at you." I chuckled softly.

"So mad that you won't let me leave...that's different, usually it's the other way around." I joked and she was livid.

"I'm glad that you think this is funny, I'm mad because I care. If I wasn't so in love with your stubborn ass I would let you walk out of here and not give a fuck about it." I cracked a smile and we stood there in silence.

"I love you too baby. More than you know. I still gotta go, so I really need you to move out the way." Bahj stepped aside and I tried to steal a kiss, but she rejected me.

"If you leave right now, I'm not doing this with you anymore...playing this game of back and forth. I refuse to worry myself to death constantly about whether you're ok or not. And you won't open up to me, so it's not like I know what's going on with you." I rubbed my neck.

"Are you seriously giving me an ultimatum right now?" She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Call it what you want." I shook my head.

"Ok, I get it. It's early or whatever and I woke you up out your sleep. You sleep talking right now. I'll be back before you know it."

"No need." She mumbled before closing the door on my face. "She'll get over it." I shrugged and made my way to my car. I can't believe this man Vic trying to take the fall for me and I'm not having it.

I drove down to the county jail and decided to visit him. "Who you here for?" The correction officer questioned.

"Victor Rodriguez." He nodded and searched me before leading me to the room with multiple tables in it. I sat myself down and waited for them to bring him in.

"Nigga, didn't I tell you to stay away from the county." He blurted before sitting down with him cuffed.

"I know what you said, but why you here? Yeen even do shit man. I can't let you take the fall...I'm a grown ass man, I'll do my own time." He cackled and shook his head.

"If you know what's best, you'll keep your mouth shut. Unless you looking for 25 to life." I sighed deeply.

"I don't care...all this shit was an accident and you know it. It started out as self defense."

"Yeah, but did you purposely fire that gun? All the evidence they got are legit." I stiffed up and my shoulder started throbbing again.

"It doesn't matter. I'm turning myself in and that's final." I got up to from the chair and Victor's hand stopped me.

"You're gonna turn yourself in and say what?...say that mistakenly shot him during a fight. You're still gonna do time in prison Q." I shrugged.

"Well, I guess that's something that I just have to live with. I've never feared prison and I'm not about to start now."

Vote, comment, and whatever else ;)