Chap. 6

Bee

"So why are you single anyway, you're entirely too fine for that?" Q asked as we were walking side by side at the aquarium. He may be a little rough around the edges, but for the most part he's sweetheart.

"For a guy who doesn't let anybody know anything about them, you sure ask a lot of questions." He smacked his teeth and playfully bumped me.

"I just like hearing you talk, but your life sounds more interesting anyway...Don't change the subject though, why you single?" I sighed and just gave in to his smile,

"If I tell you, you not gone judge me are you?" He smirked and shook his head slowly, giving me his undivided attention.

"Of course not ma. I got Miley Cyrus album on my ipod...I'm not allowed to judge anybody." He joked, making me feel comfortable about the situation.

"I'm single because I'm not emotionally stable." He gave me the straightest facial reaction.

"Bullshit Bahj!" He exclaimed, causing the people around us to stare. I shook my head and chuckled. "I'm being serious though, guys think I'm a nut case." I just shrugged before strolling ahead to watch the school of fish squirm away.

"Ok, what was his name?" He asked standing right behind me, he's so close I could feel him breathing. I raised my brow.

"Who name?" He stepped closer to my back making me a little tingly inside. "The guy that broke that heart of yours. Was it that old nigga at the party?" He chuckled at his own joke, but I froze.

"Yeah, unfortunately so." "I figured." He said in a nonchalant tone before wrapping his arms around my waist. He smells amazing. "So, are you gone ever tell me something about you or am I gone have to look you up on google?" He sighed.

"Um, what you wanna know?" "Whatever you wanna tell me..." He snugged his head in the the crook of neck amd began to speak.

"Well, when I was growing up...I always wanted to be a writer. Like I really wanted to write novels and shit. I actually completed one too, but it's under my bed somewhere now." I was pleasantly surprised and I think he could see it in my face.

"Can I read it?" "What?" I smacked my teeth.

"Your book Q." "Nah, it's amateur work now. Maybe if I write something new, then of course you can." He lightly peck my cheek and stared ahead at the water.

"Why'd you stop writing?" "I went away for a while and I just thought it was a waste of time. I'll get back to it though, I just need inspiration." I cleared my throat before adding another comment.

"Go where?" My curiosity tends to get ahead of it's self with questions.

"Bahja, do we have to go there?" He asked letting go of me, but I just wanted to know what he was talking about.

"I don't bite, you can tell me whatever it is." I turned around and assured him. "I did five years in prison." Not shocked that he did time because it doesn't seem being a handyman was his first choice of work.

"Ok, and?" He gave me a confused look. "Wait, so you not phased?" I shrugged uninterested. "Not really, it's not like you're killer or something...soo you good."

Q

"Right, definitely not a killer..." I lied through my teeth, but that's not important right now anyway. She smiled and took my hand to pull me with her.

"Hold up, Bee...I gotta take this." I stopped and looked down at my phone to answer it. I haven't seen that number in a long time, but I picked it up anyway.

"Yo, what wit you?...say what now!...Alright, thanks for the heads up my gee...bet." I hung up and shook my head in disbelief.

"Is everything ok? You look upset." She cut her eyes over to me with concern on her face.

"Uhh, yeah I'm cool. Would you be mad if we cut this date short? I promise that I'll make it up to you." I pleaded.

"Sure, it's whatever." I could see that she was disappointed. I stepped closer to her and cupped her cheeks. "C'mon, don't do me like that. We gone go on another date and have no interruptions, I promise or you can just claim yourself as my girl now to save time." I teased, pressing my head against hers. I found myself focusing on her lips. Lord knows that I was tempted to kiss her.

"You think you have all the game in the world, but you not that smooth." She said backing away from me with a knowing grin.

"Whatever you say ma, let's get you home."

"Alright, so I'll see you later Bee." I hugged her and then started to leave, but she pulled me back and laid it on me.

Her soft plump lips brushed against mine. Instead of pulling away after a second like I knew I should have...I didn't. Our lips stayed firmly pressed together. She held my cheeks and deepened the kiss to let her tongue dance with mine. A small moan came from my mouth and I slowly backed away from her.

"What was that all about?" I asked trying to keep from blushing. Light skin struggles. "You seem to be hesitant to make a decision on what you want...so I made it for you." She bit on her lip and turned the key in to open her door.

"Hmm, I see. Maybe I should work on that and stop over thinking." "Maybe so...goodnight Q." I chucked up the duece and headed back to my car to go pick up Ant.

This fool always trying to get in trouble, it's like he thinks this is really grand theft auto and we got multiple lives. Once I got out the suburbs, I drove through our neighborhood for 40 minutes looking for him. When I did see him outside the trap, I shook my head and got my gun out of the glove compartment to put it in the back of my jeans before facing these niggas.

"Hey unk!" Ant was obviously excited, but I wasn't in the mood for the bullshit tonight.

"Ant, go get your scrawny ass in the car...now!" He sucked his teeth and mumbled things under his breath that I couldn't hear, but he made his way to the car. I glared at all the familiar faces and shook my head.

"Why you doing that to your nephew? You know he wanna be just like you." I turned around to see Victor with a smile on his face.

"The hell is funny Vic?" I asked approaching him with my fist balled. "You're funny...you act like you wasn't living this life not too long ago."

"Whatever man." "Q, don't get capped." I scratched my head in confusion.

"Capped for what bruh, I haven't worked for you in years." "I'm talking about my daughter. My wife told me that she was going on a date with the handyman...I'm not stupid, so if you know what's best keep your distance. I don't want my daughter fucking with criminals...she's a good girl."

I laughed hysterically. "Victor, do you not realize that you're a drug kingpin. You of all people can't be talking about being a criminal, you been doing this for 20 plus years and your family knows absolutely nothing. I suggest you let your daughter make her own decisions, before I make the decision to tell her what daddy really do for a living." His face tensed up and I knew that I had him at a stand still.

"You wouldn't!" He yelled.

"Nah, nigga. I would in a heart beat, you fucked my life one time but not again." I eyed him up and down departed without saying anything else.

"I ought to beat your ass Ant! The hell you doing out here anyway." I snapped at him the whole way home because Vic was right about one thing.

Ant wants to be just like me...

Vote, comment, and whatever else guys ;)

thoughts?!