Chap. 8

Bee

"Stop staring so hard!" I said, throwing a pillow at Q. He's been watching me like a hawk while I get dressed for this little dinner.

"How you tell me that I can come up here with you while you get dress and then be mad that I'm enjoying what I'm looking at?" He asked still in a daze at the sight before him.

"Whatever, so finish telling me the story." "What story?" He asked, before sighing deeply. "The one about your back situation." I could tell he was uncomfortable by the way he shifted, but proceeded to tell me what was up anyway.

"Um, well like I told you...the guy I worked for wanted me to do a hit on my best friend Chad. I wasn't down with that, I couldn't just kill somebody that I considered my brother. So he set me up and he had these dudes whip me for 25 minutes straight. That probably was the worse night of my life because he still had Chad killed and I got arrested for another crime that I didn't even commit." I was in shock and I felt for him.

I glanced over his way and he was looking off into space like it wasn't a big deal at all, but it was. If he didn't tell me all these things, then I would've never guessed that he had been thru so much.

"What you thinking about?" I asked, curious to see what was on his mind. "Umm, nothing really. I just wish that bastard would've went to jail for killing him, but it's a cold case now." I nodded in agreeance.

"You and I both. Violence is never the answer Q." He chuckled and just simply shook his head.

"What?" "Nothing Bee...you ready ma?" He asked trying to change the subject. "Yeah, are you driving or am I?"

"I'll drive, just tell me the address of where we're going." He said before getting up amd walking out. I grabbed my purse and followed behind him.

"Nervous?" He was quiet the whole ride there, so I figured he was feeling a bit uneasy about this. "I'm fine babe, I just have never had to deal with parents before...not even my own." He spoke softly, still focused straight ahead on the road.

"I know your grandma raised you and your sister, but you never told me what happened to your parents." "My mom passed while giving birth to me and my dad...I honestly don't know." He shrugged. It amazes me how we're complete opposites personality wise and our backgrounds.

"Dang, I don't know how you do it." "Do what?" He asked. "Stay sane or even live a normal life after you've been through so much." He just shook it off.

"It's nothing...I'm immune to it all." He assured me as pulled up to my parents house.

Q

This house is big as hell. I can't believe Victor stay in this big ass crib and used to give us nickel and dime money like he was struggling. Seeing his house ain't do nothing but piss me off even more. I played it off with a smile though because I know shawty was looking my way as we walked to the front door hand in hand.

"Mommy, daddy...we're here." She yelled a loud when she unlocked the door. The decor in the house bomb, I'm assuming it was all her mother's touch. Shit had to be expensive too because it was name brand.

"Hey, y'all just in time." Ms. Shamra came out the kitchen with a pleasant smile on her face with another young lady right behind her.

"Damnnn, he fine Bahj...A definite upgrade from Drew." The red head pointed out before Ms. Sham slapped her arm lightly. "Watch your mouth in my house Lo." I felt my cheeks turning red. Girls have been telling me this for years, but I never paid attention to it like that. It always was weird to me, but I digress.