Chap. 4

Bee

"Girl, let's gooo! You been getting dressed for the longest and I'm already sleepy." I hollered at Nique as she caked up her face in make up. She sticked the bird up at me from the bathroom and I giggled.

"Fuck you too then!" "Bahj, give me a minute yo. The party not going nowhere until you get there anyway, it's all about you babe. I invited errbody and they mama." I nodded, I can't even lie...I'm lowkey excited bout this party.

"Thanks baeee, I preciate you throwing this birthday party for me. Especially on such short notice." She walked out my bathroom looking bad as ever and smiled.

"Anything for you babe, but let's get going because Tron say we can only use his house until 3 and it's already 11." "I thought it was gone be at yo apartment." She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Girl, bye. I can't have that many folk know where I stay at. I'm ready now, so let's head out. How I look?" She signaled to herself up and down waiting for my response.

"You cute bae." She gave me a blank face because she hates being called cute. "Bitch, you play too much...I look sexy as hell!" I brushed her off and followed her outside to her car.

Q- So I got you a gift

Me- And what might that be?

Q- I can show you better than I can tell you. Just don't fall in love with me after you get it, lol

Me- You and your subtle flirting need to have several seats, lol.

Q- Can't blame a brother for trying lol, but just know that I want one dance.

"So you ready to turn up or nah?" I glanced up from texting to acknowledge her and responded.

"Nique, is the sky blue or nah?" She shook her head and chuckled. "You gotta slick ass mouth sometime. Who you over there texting anyway that you smiling hard and shit?"

"Nobody really...just Q." I said in a nonchalant tone and her eyes steered off the road to me for a sec. "Oh reallyy, so what's up with y'all anyway? Every time I come by there, y'all be gazing into each others eyes and what not." She teased before pulling up to a significantly huge house.

"We cool...nothing more, nothing less. He's different from most and I don't see nothing wrong with being friends." "Just friends Bahj?" I nodded quickly, although I was lying.

I wouldn't mind going on a date with Q, he's smart, witty, and the fact that he's fine as hell helps too. It's just that what my dad said is still in the back of my head and it's not like he's interested in me anyway.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Bee, let's go inside. Your boo Q might be in here waiting for you." I playfully rolled my eyes as we got out the car and went the front door.

"Birthday girl's here!" Nique screamed aloud as everyone turned our way and greeted us.

"Happy 21st Birthday Bahja!" They all said in unison. I grinned from ear to ear until I saw him in the corner with his eyes focused on me. I was in no way thrilled about his presence. Why is he even here?

Q

Who knew they get down like this at college parties? I'm into it though. "Looking for someone?" I turned around to see Nique with a drink in her hand. Pretty girl, somewhat conceited...not my type though.

"Was it that obvious?" I said over the music. She just simply nodded. "Q, if you do like her...don't play. This is my best friend we're talking about and I don't want to have to fuck you up for doing some dumb shit." Nique signaled towards her pint size fist, but I got the message.

"I hear you, but we just friends." "Rightttt. Whatever, she's over there Q." Nique pointed to a corner where Bahja was with some dude who obviously was aging badly. "Thanks, Nique. Enjoy the rest of your night love."

I headed towards Bee to hear her arguing with ol' boy, so I felt the need to lighten up the mood.

"Excuse me potna, but your girl owe me a dance. We'll be back in a minute." I joked smiling over at her. She put on a faint smile, letting me know that she was slightly agitated.

"Mann, I know you saw us talking." I arched my brow at dude like he was crazy.

"Mann, I know you saw me not giving a fuck." I mocked him and he shook his head before strolling off. "Happy Birthday shorty. Why you not smiling?" I asked as I led her to where everyone else was dancing.

"I am now..." She formed a huge grin on her face. We danced closely and talked for a couple of songs.

"So about this dress...who idea was that?" I asked just joking with her. "If you must know, I picked it out. Problem?" She playfully rolled her eyes.

"Nahhh, it fits like a glove. I'm just curious to know who you were trying to impress because it's quite revealing." "Gee, thanks Dad. Maybe I wanted to show guys what they missing out on." I chuckled at her sarcasm.

"Hmm, feisty...that's cute. I'm a guy, show me what I'm missing out on." She became flustered with the way I was being direct with her. There's no shame in my game when I'm teasing with a girl, it's all jokes.

"Here you go with the subtle flirting shit again, but you not bout it." "Bahja, if I wanted you than I could bag you." Her brow raised at my sudden cockiness.

"Oh really, so you saying that you not interested?" I glimpsed down at her lips, ignoring her comment. She caught on and smiled.

"I bet you won't do it." I bit down on my lip, tempted to do so. "Bet I do..." I moved closer to her face and she was anticipating it I can tell. I went in and pecked her forehead.

"You play too damn much." She playfully hit my arm. "I know, but let's get outta here...It's getting dry." I lied, the party was live but I had to leave before I actually do fuck around and kiss her.

I like Bahja, but in reality I can't have her. That's like me knowingly inviting trouble back in my life and I'm not dealing with Victor again. Until then...I'll just flirt with the idea of her being mine.

Vote, comment, and whatever else :)

blah, blah, blah lol