Chapter 31 - The Graduation she never had

Start from the beginning

Ariel's smile faded when she noticed Shinju chatting flirtatiously with him, snaking her hand up and down his arm. Leon was smiling in amusement at the pretty TV hostess, unbothered by her touches. Shinju then tiptoed and whispered something in his ear with both her hands on his shoulders while he supported the small of her back. Whatever she said caused him to chuckle and he whispered something back to her ear, and Shinju giggled in return. It was uncomfortable to watch the flirting pair who just met today.

Ariel felt somewhat turned off and disgusted. He was holding her hand a while back, and now he was getting touchy with another. What a flirtatious, inappropriate little jerk!

Leon glanced in Ariel's direction and she immediately turned her head away to look elsewhere, embarrassed that she was caught looking at their intimate moment. Feeling smug at the quick reaction, he excused himself and walked up to Ariel.

"Jealous?" He smirked and flashed raised brows.

"W-What? Jealous of what?" she tried to hide her disgust for him behind a clueless frown.

Leon realised by her expression that she did not know what he meant.

"Oh erm...I thought you looked jealous, about something," he said, feeling somewhat stupid that he had assumed something else, or hoped that it was something else.

"Ah...I see," Ariel continued to hide her true feelings that she found his touchy actions rather deplorable.

"Anyway, you did quite well," he changed the subject.

"Oh, thank you," she smiled. "It was kind of you to help me calm my nerves just now."

But next time, please don't touch me like that.

She gathered her palms together in appreciation.

He glanced at the divine hand that he held just now. If only he could touch it again...

"You're welcome," he forced a smile and returned mingling with Shinju, while Ariel turned her attention to Andy, ignoring the irritating pair who resumed their sweet talk.

----------

It felt surreal to see herself on TV that same day right after the studio demonstration. Although it was not her first time being on TV, it was Ariel's first time appearing in an official cooking channel, especially a foreign channel. The edits were tastefully done, with loud and bright, colourful Japanese words flashing on the screen and cute sound effects that accompanied them.

"Way to go, Mum!" Andy cheered.

"Thank you, sweetheart. Your support means everything," she kissed his forehead. "I can't wait to show the clip to the ladies!"

The show was uploaded on its YouTube channel the same day and she sent the link to her friends in their chat group. She also sent the link to Martin. After he watched her presentation, he messaged her.

Martin: Well done!

Ariel: Thank u

Martin: Leon's lucky to have u

Ariel: Absolutely! I keep his stomach happy lol

Martin: When u're bk, pls come n keep my stomach happy and make me lucky too

Ariel chuckled. Martin's jokes were as strange as they were funny.

Ariel: We'll see abt that

Martin: 😏😏

-----------

Ariel was rushed the next early morning to a huge commercial kitchen tucked behind a massive and lavish banquet hall with dazzling chandeliers and round tables covered in fine linen, where the event would be held. She was terribly busy after being briefed for the charity event with a few assistant chefs and an army of waiters. It felt lonely with nobody from Team Waltz with her nor Andy by her side, and no one in the kitchen could speak English except for Hiroshi who translated every word for her. Although she found him to be a blissful companion who was friendly to talk to, it was not the same as having Leon being by her side since she was not familiar with Hiroshi, but Leon was clearly busy with his work commitments.