Sneak Preview

[...]

Leon was stunned, at loss for words.

"Surprised? That's what one of your one-night-stands said. She happens to be in attendance here. It seems that anywhere you go, you're not short of girls nearby whom you've already bedded with, and God knows what diseases you've caught. I can't do this, can't handle this. I'm sorry."

Leon shut his eyes in guilt and nursed his cheek, embarrassed that what he shared in the dark had come to light. "Yes, it's true that was how I saw you back then. But it's different now. I've changed."

"No," Ariel shook her head with a blank laugh. "I'm the one who changed." She gestured her hands towards her makeover looks. "Maybe that's why you've paid attention to me tonight. You're just like every man out there, nothing but scumbags who see us women as sex objects to be discarded after use than as people with feelings."

"You're rejecting me?"

"You already have a girlfriend!"

Leon pulled his hair back, in sheer disbelief at her words. No girl had ever slapped him for giving a kiss, no, not even his fans. He'd given something to her which any girl would die for yet she threw it back. The sting struck his ego in the worst possible way.

"Fine! I'll do it with her then!"

"Go ahead! I'm already used to it," she brushed past him and made her way to the door.

"Step out there and you're fired! I mean it this time," he spat out with rage. She froze for a while. Without a looking back at him and without a reply, she dashed out through the door.

[...]

------------------- 

Thank you for taking your time to read my story. 

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This is my very first novel and it may contain occasional grammatical errors, so your patience is greatly appreciated. Appreciate your votes and feedback.

Thank you very much.

---------

First Edition 2017.

Copyright © 2017 by Maria Fung.

Cover Illustration Copyright © 2017 by Maria Fung.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, please get in touch with Maria Fung directly on Wattpad or on her website: www.mariafung.com