love drought

2013 Words

____________________

Harry laid unconscious on the couch while I cleaned up the mess after I kicked out Kate for tying me up and locking me in the bathroom.

I grabbed myself a bowl of the stew and sat on the couch adjacent to the heavy sleeper aka Harry, I watched television and eventually heard him stirring until he got up and yawned.

"What happened?" He was rubbing his tired eyes, I looked at him and he froze again before I realized I was still wearing the ring. I slid the band off my finger and placed it in my pocket.

"Better now?" I smiled, I put the empty bowl on the floor next to my seat before I relocated myself and sat down on Harry's lap. I placed a kiss on his warm skin, looking up to see his eyes avoiding mine.

"What's wrong?" I spoke up and he shook his head, he moved my body away from his and got up before heading to the bedroom. I decided to give him his space and did the dishes while he stayed in the master bedroom.

I was hesitant about questioning him when I approached the bedroom door, I slowly turned the knob and entered the bedroom as he sat at the desk in the corner typing away, clearly concentrated on something.

He didn't even glance up when he heard me close the door, he continued staring at the screen and I frowned. I walked over and shut the screen of the laptop before leaning over the desk to get closer to him.

"I have work to do, Grace. I'm sure you do too, you know finding plane tickets is exhausting and quite time consuming," He mocked and my eyes widened, my mouth fell agape and I didn't know how to respond to his remark.

"Harry-"

"No, Grace, I'm tired of you acting like this!" He slammed his fist on the wooden surface before standing up. I took a couple steps backwards and couldn't understand how Harry would find out- unless he went through my stuff.

"Did you go through my stuff? What the fuck, Harry!" I crossed my arms and Harry rolled his eyes at my outburst.

"Don't try to turn this on me when you're going behind my back and doing stuff like this!" He retaliated and it was now my turn to roll my eyes as I felt my blood boil.

"This is ridiculous, I'm a grown woman, Harry. I'm entitled to keep things to myself if I feel like it," Harry let out a cynical laugh before running his hands through his already messy hair.

"Entitled to keep things to yourself? For God's sake Grace, were you really going to leave without even telling me?" He shook his head and refused to look at me, I looked down at my feet, afraid to confess the truth to Harry.

"Harry, I have to go," I muttered and turned to leave, but Harry grabbed my bicep and looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"You were just going to leave without even saying goodbye to me?" His voice cracked and I sighed, shamefully nodding knowing my voice would falter and fail me if I tried to defend my selfish actions.

Harry dropped the grip on my arm and stepped back, obviously hurt by my confession. I dreaded this day from the beginning.

"Harry, we have located Michaels and I'm going to take care of him tomorrow. After that, my agenda is officially accomplished and I leave for another job," I confessed and Harry stood there looking at me, trying to figure out if this was a joke.