hell of a night

4083 Words

____________________

"Tell you what?" I nervously laughed while Harry stared at me before breaking into a contagious smile.

"That you were such a huge fan of ice cream!"

Oh, Lord.

"It must've slipped my mind!" I playfully face palmed myself for forgetting to tell Harry this super important fact about myself, and he began an over enthusiastic conversation with Harry about ice cream for the rest of the night.

*

"Where is my fucking silencer?"

"Grace it's in your hand."

Oh, that's right.

We were currently at Harry's getting ready to head out for the ball soon. Catherine and I were doing a last minute check over as the boys were downstairs, doing boy things, I don't know.

Catherine was wearing a beautiful black off the shoulder dress with a triangle cut out just below her chest. Her hair was in a bun, which made her look more sophisticated and breathtaking.

A straightforward and elegant woman like I only packed the necessities for tonight; lipstick, phone, pistol, my trusty switch blade, and sedatives (you never know).

Catherine, on the other hand, went all out, I'm talking her Apache revolver, pistol with a silencer, tear gas, and even chloroform just in case she "gets lucky tonight." I don't know what that means, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Matheus and Alex were already there with our backups, planning everything and making sure everyone knows how tonight is supposed to go.

"Catherine put my gun in its holster I don't want to ruin my dress," I lifted my dress, and she got on her knees in front of me, holding onto the back of my thigh and putting the gun in its place.

"Hell... Woah, are we interrupting something?" Harry and Niall walked in, and I couldn't see them since my back was facing the door. Catherine quickly secured the gun before popping her head out and smiling at the men.

"Just some good ol' female bonding happening here," she patted my thigh as I dropped my dress and turned to face Harry who stood in complete awe.

"You look absolutely angelic," Harry smiled widely, and I giggled before going over to him and kissing his cheek. I looked back at Catherine who frowned and avoided eye contact, most likely thinking the same thing I was.

It wasn't going to last this magical forever.

Catherine and I were all set, so we left a little earlier, and Chris drove us to Styles' Hotel. When we arrived there were crowds of paparazzi outside, we took photos before heading inside into the beautiful ballroom and taking seats at our table.

"I need to go to the bathroom real quick, Catherine?" She nodded before we left and our dates quickly began talking to all the significant people around.

"Room 129, floor 7."

We headed into the elevator before going to the 7th floor and knocking on the designated door. Alex was in her strapless pink silk gown when she opened the door with a large smile.