Reiner x Reader - Fly to You

"How long has it been since I've last seen you?" Reiner's voice boomed from the other line into your ear.

"Almost two years.." You answered with a slight smile.

"That's a long time, considering how long we've known each other.."

"Yeah, it's been such a long time.." You sighed without knowing.

"Hey, don't worry, we'll meet again." He assured you.

"Of course, we will.."

"Well, I should get going now, _______."

"Yeah, it's getting late for you."

"It's fine, I could go all night with you.." He chuckled.

"Whatever, you need to get some sleep, Reiner."

"I will, good night, _______."

"Good night Reiner! Sweet dreams."

"Sweet dreams." He said and seconds later the both of you hung up.

You closed your eyes as you laid in bed thinking about him. It had been too long since the two of you were together.

The two of you met in high school when you transferred and became friends since then but ever since you graduated, you separated. Reiner decided to attend a school that was much much farther away from home while you stayed in town.

It wasn't until then when he told you he was moving so far away that he realized the feelings you shared were something much more than friends felt. You both decided that you could keep in contact but it wouldn't be anything too serious and from this day on, you two still have those same feelings.

On most nights he'd give you a call whenever he could and he'd even write letters to you. Sometimes you two would also video chat with each other as well. The two of you we're pretty much inseparable even if you were miles and miles apart.

The next day you hoped that everything would just breeze by since you were excited to finally get some rest from your busy week. Your classes did move kind of slow but you only had two classes in the morning and you would be done. After your last class, you made your way out to the classroom and made your way to the mail room just in case Reiner sent you a letter.

"Your letter arrived today!" Christa, the student at the desk exclaimed. "Here it is."

"Thanks!" You grabbed it from her and scrambled off to your dorm. You wondered what Reiner would talk to you about this time in the letter.

You unlocked your door and took a step into your dorm, which you shared alone, and plopped onto the bed. You carefully opened it and pulled out the piece of paper.

Dear ________,

School has been stressful lately but I know that everything will be better soon, much better. There's really not much to say other than that. Call me after reading this letter.

Sincerely, Reiner

P.S. - If only I could fly to you...

You smiled a little bitterly because the length of the letter was quite short compared to the other letter Reiner's written but that didn't matter to you since there were other ways that you two communicated so you decided to just forget about it.

You sighed as you pulled out your phone since Reiner did tell you to call him so you dialed his number. You held your phone to your ear and waited.

"Hello?" It was him.

"Hey, you wanted me to call.."

"Yeah, so you got my letter!"