Armin x Reader - Sneaking Out

After a long day of training you snuck out of the barracks. You didn't feel like just laying in bed so you wandered off looking for a place to get away for a while. The thing was you had no idea where to go and it didnt help that it was pretty dark out.

You wandered around the dark for sometime now and still couldn't find a place to settle. You were growing tired of walking around so you decided to head back to the barracks until you heard some rustling.

You were curious to see what it was and you headed toward the noise. You were led to a bush and saw a shadow there. "Uhm... hello...?" you were reluctant to see who or what was there but the figure turned to be a familiar blonde haired boy.

"Oh, is that you, _______?" A head poked out from behind a bush.

"A-Armin? What are you doing out here?" You exclaimed.

"Well, I was just out on a stroll to find somewhere to read since the guys were being loud. Then I dropped my bookmark and it flew into the bushes.." He continued his search after explaining his situation.

"Let me help you. What does it look like?" You crouched on the other side of the bush and searched through the branches.

"Oh, it's a picture.. of my parents.." he said almost in a whisper.

"Don't worry, we'll find it." You encouraged him to avoid a bad situation.

You searched around in other bushes that were nearby. Finally something caught your eye. That was it, the picture. It was on the ground deep by the roots of a bush. You stretched your arm to grab it then, you felt a hand brush on top of yours.

You quickly pulled your hand back and noticed Armin through the leaves. "Oh, sorry.." you managed to say feeling heat rise to your face.

"It's alright, I guess we both spotted it." Through the bush you could see a smile spread across Armin's face as he tucked the photo back into his book.

You both stood up at the same time and faced each other. Armin smiled at you, "_______, thank you for your help."

You smiled back, "It was nothing." You held out your hand to Armin and he paused for a moment. He took your hand and you helped him step over the bushes to stand in the walkways.

"Thank you," he bowed his head to hide his blushing face.

You laughed because you noticed, "Usually, it'd be the other way around.. wouldn't it?"

He looked at you a little confused, "What do you mean?"

"The guy helps out the girl by leading her, right?" You looked up at the sky and giggled a little.

"Then.. let me correct myself." Armin offered his hand to you and you furrowed your eyebrows. "Let's go somewhere, isn't that why you snuck out tonight?"

"Yeah.. it is.." you placed your hand in his.

"I know a place." Armin led the way as you followed him. His hand wrapped around yours tightly.