"Yeah." He smirked then gave me a nod. I tapped my fingers on my desk, looking between the teacher then to Michael then back to Luke. My stomach had knotted at the thought of tonight, but with excitement instead of nerves.

"Then yes, I do." I answered. He raised his eyebrows at me and kept his smug look, turning back around in his seat so we could actually get back to work.

-

I quickly typed a response to Luke's text since we've been nonstop texting after school got out. It was mostly about the party, small details for the most part.

"Andy." Ashton's raised voice caught my attention and I snapped my head up from my lap. He shook his head at me, leaning back into his chair and bumping the small table we were sitting at. It was surprisingly crowed in the small coffee shop, but then again it was a great place to study.

"Did you hear what I said?" He questioned as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You were talking about that girl you met over spring break." I quickly replied, trying my best to remember what he was going on about before I zoned out for a moment.

"And?" He added.

"And," I stretched out the word trying to recall any memory of him talking about her. "Okay, I don't remember." I admitted, giving him a sheepish look.

"Why am I friends with you?" He shook his head as he sat back up in his chair and scooted closer to the table. I checked the time as he did so, realizing that it was almost 8 and if I wanted to make it to this party I'd have to leave soon. "Anyways, I want to take her to prom." He told me.

"Then take her." I nodded at him as I began to collect the few things that I had. He gave me a confused look then shook it off, copying my actions.

"But how do I ask her?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me while I tossed my back pack over my shoulder.

"You say, 'Hey Blair, wanna go to prom with me?'" I said, earning a laugh from him.

"I don't know if it's that easy." He sighed.

"Why would it not be?" I grabbed our empty coffees from off of the table and headed towards the trash can with Ashton trailing right behind me.

"Don't girls usually like to be asked in a really big and cute way?" He tightly clung onto the straps of his book bag as I turned back around to him.

"Not all girls." I laughed, referring to myself. "If she likes you enough then she won't care how you ask her." I shrugged my shoulder as I continued explaining it to him. "Look, just ask her. If you think she'd prefer something big then go for it. I'm sure she would be just fine with you just normally asking her." I assured him, giving him a smile.

"What about you?" He asked as he pushed the shop's door open.

"What about me?" I replied, instantly hugging myself from the cooler weather.

"Are you going to prom?" He looked over at me as we walked down the cement path around the bookstore, heading the way to our cars.

"If someone asks me then I guess. I know all of my friends are going to have dates and that would kind of suck to be the like, eleventh wheel. It would be like homecoming from 9th grade all over again." I answered, laughing at the memory that was actually horrible back then but was silly now.

"I'm sure you'll get asked." He said as he dug through his pockets for his keys. "Why are leaving here early in the first place? We usually stay until 9 or something." He asked, changing the subject.

"I just have a few things to do." I shrugged, not wanting to tell him that I planned on going to a party at Luke's since Ashton knew that I got myself into too much trouble at parties.