Park Jimin ~ Found You

"Hi, how may I serve you today?"

How many times have I asked this question? Too many. It's the same thing every day: wake up at six, go to work until four, go home, eat, sleep, repeat. That's just my life now. I serve my guests and notice some happy couples  sharing meals, or holding hands as they walk together. What happy lives they must be living.

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to have found your soulmate. It must be nice considering how happy everyone looks when they're with each other.

"(Y/n), break time." One of my coworkers calls to me after serving a coffee to my last customer.

"Alright. Thanks, Seokjin." I reply before untying my apron and going to the break room.  I sigh softly and collapse into a chair and stare out the window. The autumn leaves were just starting to fall, but they weren't as bright as one would think. Sure, they're colorful, but not nearly as colorful as they would be if you had a soul mate.

Everything is dulled; not dulled to the point where everything is grey, but the colors aren't as vibrant as they should be. The only things that were truly grey were rain clouds, some clothing, and everyone's eyes. Only your soul mates eyes have a true, bright color. Have you ever heard the saying "eyes are the windows to the soul"? Well, it's basically like that. The only way to regain the world's true color, is to meet your soul mate and make eye contact with them. We were all raised with this knowledge from the time we were born. Everyone was made to find love the same way; some just have it more difficult than others.

Countless friends of mine have told me their love story of how their wrist started aching so when they went to see what was wrong, letters of their match's name started to appear so they hunted until they found each other and boom, perfect match made. I haven't been so lucky yet.

I've daydreamed about him, what he may look like, what he likes to do, who he is as a person, what color his eyes are, what his name is... I glance down at my wrist to look at the letters that have been there for as long as I can remember.

"P      J"

Anything could come out of that. I sigh and rest my chin on my hand as I gaze out the window. 'I still have thirty minutes..' I close my eyes and let the suns rays land on my face for a bit, my peace only disturbed by a squeaky laugh I heard in the distance. When I open my eyes again, I see two guys walking together and laughing. My mouth falls open slightly at the sight. One of the boys eyes flashed (y/f/c) as he walked by, but he didn't look my way. It was beautiful. I glance down at my wrist and notice a change.

"Par   Ji "

'Par Ji?' I ask myself. As soon as I look up, both of them are gone. I groan before shoving myself out of the seat and swiftly making my way back into the cafe to try and find the boy I think is my match. When I make it to the counter, I see the other boy who was walking with Mr. (Y/f/c) eyes. I clear my throat and walk up to him.

"I'm sorry, this'll probably sound weird, but who was your friend who was just with you a few moments ago?" I ask with a small smile.

"Hyung? He had to go so he left. If it helps, I think he was headed toward the dance studio downtown." He explains seeming nervous. My smile grows wider at his words and I quickly hug the boy in front of me in thanks. He instantly tenses up at my touch and stutters a bit. "I-I uh.." I step away from him and scratch my head a bit.

"I'm sorry, I just got excited. Thank you, for your help. I'm off to find him." I say, my smile not falling. "I'm (Y/n), by the way."

"J-Jungkook." He replies.

"Nice to meet you. Well, thanks again! I'm off!" I say before heading out the door and running off toward where I remember seeing the dance studio. As I got closer, my wrist began to ache again.

"Park Jim"

'Where are you, Park?' I ask myself as I look around again and again for him, but no luck. 'I wonder if he's even looking for me..' I sigh quietly and look up at the sky. A few butterflies were flying around together, their wings seeming to be a dull brown. I huff softly.

I can't give up. If I did, I'd never know what those butterflies actually looked like. I clench my fist, determined to finish my quest no matter how long it took. I quickly dashed off toward the middle of the town to try and find him, but what I find, is a crowd of people surrounding one guy dancing do a song coming from the stereo. As I get closer to look, many young girls bump into me to see as well, shoving me left and right rudely without any care or apology. I huff in annoyance at them before turning on my heel and walking off, only to be stopped by a soft voice and a gentle poke.

"Excuse me, miss." I turn around to see who was interrupting my mission now, only to be greeted with the man himself. "You dropped...th-this..." his hand-which was holding my cell phone out to me-dropped to his side as we stared at each other, our eyes never breaking apart.

"It's you.." I breathed with a smile slowly creeping onto my face as the world's true colors begin to fill in. The brown butterflies from before were a beautiful shade of orange as the fluttered past in my peripheral vision.

"Jimin..." he mutters with a grin.

"(y/n)." I answer.

"(Y/n).. I finally found you."