36. Meddling fathers

Start from the beginning

The blinds and curtains of our room were wide open, and the brightness of daylight filled the whole room with light. It was pretty much impossible to go back to sleep if the curtains were wide open, but being the lazy girl that I was, I honestly couldn't be bothered to get up and close them. The light was pretty calming and it gave me a sense of security, but that was just contradicting curtains being open because how could that make someone feel safe?

I turned around so I wasn't facing the door anymore, because it was literally making me depressed, I faced the window and just stared. I stared as the light shined through the glass window. It was actually really pretty, the rays of the sun shining through. The rays almost looked like a golden colour and I found it peaceful to be staring at them. I always believed, when I was younger, that sun rays were streaks of light sent from God himself but when I stopped believing in God and became kind of like an Atheist I just stopped thinking all of those thoughts because they just didn't seem real. Nothing was real, when I was younger and I did actually find it hard to tell the difference between reality and dreams.

I felt my eyelids start to get heavy and the lack of sleep was weighing me down. I curled my legs up around me and stuffed my face deeper into the pillow, to try and get some warmth pumping around my body. Breathing in deeply I finally let my eyes close, and let the peaceful bliss take over. A couple hours of sleep was desperately needed, a dreamless sleep was much needed.

There was a strange vibrating feeling underneath my pillow, it was loud and very annoying. I opened my eyes and slid my hand underneath my pillow only to pull out my phone, and I saw that time was just a little over eleven. I blinked a few times for my eyes to adjust and I read the caller ID.

The person who was calling me had shocked the living hell out of me. Why would they be calling me, if they told me directly that they never wanted to speak to me or see me ever again? I tapped my thumb on the button and accepted the call, knowing that I would probably regret it.

"Hello," I said, my voice was thick from sleep and I did sound slightly groggy.

"Leanne," my father said, he sounded the same. His posh hard voice brought nothing but pain to me and I couldn't think of a reason for why he was calling me.

"Why are you calling me?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Did you just wake up?" he asked, his tone was full of disgust and it made my eyes roll at how stupid he was.

"Yes, I did and no Leo didn't screw me, he went to work three hours ago-"

"I don't want details on that bastard!" my father snapped. I bit my lip and pushed myself up on the bed so I was sitting up and leaning my back against the headboard.

"Don't call him that," I stated firmly.

"What do you want me to call him then, my son in law?!" he yelled making me push the phone far away from my ear, I honestly didn't need my father's bullsh*t anymore it wasn't needed, and I didn't need it. However what the hell was he trying to say by talking about Leo being his son in law...?

"Excuse me?" I asked raising one of my eyebrows, although he wouldn't be able to see. I had put the phone back to my ear but I was still confused and half awake, though my father's yells had woken me up slightly.

"You heard me Leanne; don't even try to deny this one-"

"Son in law," I spluttered out, repeating the three words that he had said to me.

"Yes Leah, son in law. There is no way that you can marry someone like that conivi-"

"Marry?!" I yelled at my father, trying to make my voice intimidate him, which rarely even happened. "You think I'm marrying Leo?" I asked trying to fit all the pieces to my jumbled up puzzle, together.