Messy Hair Don't Care

Today marked three months after Dave and I's first kiss. At this point everyone knows we're a 'couple' but I'm still having issues with being so public. It's just weird, yunno? That coming from a troll with red blood. After being best friends for so long the only thing that changes once you're together is the fact you now can make out with them.
      Tonight was date night as Strider likes to call it. It was the first time he'd actually planned something too, usually our outings are random and often. Tonight was supposed to be special. And with special means me having to dress up for him- only problem is that I don't have dress clothes. I could always go make some but... Why do that when your best friend is a complete fashion freak? I run to my bulky computer that was neatly sitting on my built in desk.
KANAYA. PLEASE ANSWER. I HAVE A FUCKING CRISIS.
            Karkat, I'm Down The Hall. What Is So Important That You Can't Just Walk Here?
            I NEED SOMETHING FANCY TO WEAR FOR A DATE WITH SHIT FACE. ALL I HAVE ARE HIS OVERSIZED SHIRTS AND WAY TOO MANY FUCKING SWEATERS.
            Oh My, Why Didn't You Just Say That In The First Place? I'm On My Way With Three Options.

     And in not even three minutes Maryam came crashing through my door with an arm full of clothes. Before I can say a word she begins to lay out these very fancy asshole outfits on my bed. They looked douchier than Dave himself- but if it made me attractive, who cares? Immediately she throws one off the bed. It was blue.
    "I regret brining that one. I see now that it would flush you out- blue is not your color. Pick from these two."
     "Whatever." I glance at the suits in front of me. One was all black with a grey bow tie and super fancy pants. The other one was a red button up dress shirt with black slacks and a black bow tie. I already knew what I wanted.
     "So?"
     "The red one."
     "Marvelous choice!" She swipes the outfits I didn't like and starts heading out the door again. "Make sure your zipper is up, Karkat." I look down and sure enough a gaping hole to my crab boxers is showing through. Damnit!
     I couldn't lie, I definitely looked fucking smoking in these pants. Even though I was so small I still managed to get pants that didn't sag to the floor. As I'm checking myself out in the mirror, I hear a knock. His knock. I run as fast as I can and take a deep breath before I fully open my metal door.
     "Well damn Karks!" Dave says as he readjusts his shades. He looked good enough to eat. Whatever that meant. Do humans really eat each other? He was wearing an all black tux with a white bow tie. His hair like always was slicked to the side and his skin was perfect.  I wanted to see him without the glasses but I knew he'd freak out if I tried to take them off in public. So I let it be.
     "I hope I look okay..."
     "Okay? You look damn hot. Hot enough to eat." See what I mean? Why does he want to eat me? I must've made the 'bitch what?' face because he smirks. "Good enough to eat means you look delicious. Not food wise."
      "I'm not catching on Strider."
     "Remember that thing humans do when they're really attracted to each other?"
     "Kiss?" I could feel him roll his eyes. It was such a Dave thing to do.
     "More than that. You seriously don't know?"
     "...no?" He raises an eyebrow at me.
     "Eh. Cool then."
      "DAVE! What does it mean I'm good enough to eat??"
      "I'll show you later." He lifts his shades to wink at me real quick before putting them back. I stubbornly sigh and take his hand.
     "Where are we going?"
     "Not far honestly."
He wasn't lying. I was kind of mad when he dragged me down the long halls and to a random door. This place had a lot of them too, just dark empty metal rooms with old furniture here and there. I let go of his hand and cross my arms.
"You said tonight was special. You think taking me to one of the meteors random ass rooms is special? Strider I oughta-"
"Shut up and look." I roll my eyes.

-----

When I opened the door for Karkat I could see his eyes light up. I had turned one of the now unused rooms into a lit up dining room. All along the walls and ceiling were tiny fairy lights, along with floating shelves that held red roses- our favorite color. The floor had a massive rug on it to cover up the dingy metal underneath it. In the middle of the room I decided to set up a small table with two chairs on each side. On the table I draped a red silk cloth over it and finished everything off with a vase. In it was another one of those special flowers I made Karkles. I scratched the back of my head in anticipation.
"So...?" Karks didn't say anything. He just stood there staring at it all. Why is keeping cool around him so hard? "Earth to Karkat. What do you think?"
"Dave I uh.. don't know what to say."
"Well that's a first." He growls yet there's a smile spread across his lips.
"Did you do this for me?"
"No I did it for the mayor." He now frowns and is about to start yelling at me, I can tell cause his eyebrow gets all twitchy. Before he does I pull him into a hug and chuckle. "Of course it's for you. I mean, I love you Karks."
"I love you too Strider. But I'm not going on this date with you until you take those stupid fucking glasses off." Once again I laugh at the tiny troll in front of me. Other than being with him, annoying him was my favorite thing in the universe. But tonight I was here to make him happy so I end up sliding my shades off and tucking them in my front pocket.
"Better?"
"Yes."
"Cool." I take his hand again and lead him inside shutting the door behind us. I pull out a chair and usher him to sit. Once he's tucked in I sit down and take in everything. The way his hair reflected the lights, the contrast of his grey skin next to the bright red everything. He was perfect. I realize I'd been dead silent when he taps my hand with those ridiculous claws.
"I know you were totally ignoring me just now, but I SAID you looked great." I smirk.
"Thanks but I wasn't ignoring you- I was appreciating how handsome you are." A light blush appears on his cheeks and he looks away. "You hungry?" He nods and I pull out my phone.

hey need you to come now with the food
You owe me after this. However I happen to find it quite adorable so I'm coming.
a simple 'yeah ok' sis
Be quiet you ass. I'm on the way.