Spring break: the chase is on

For spring break, we traveled to the Bahamas. I was excited since I never went there. We boarded a flight, and I sat next to Grace. It was nice to catch up, and it felt like when we were kids, and our parents used to travel with us together.

At some point, Ryan tried to get her to switch, but we always kept that from happening. She even went as far as saying she had some contagious skin rash and pretended to rub my skin with it. We laughed when he went back to his seat.

Once we landed at the airport, I grabbed my bag and walked with the others to our hotel rooms. We got two rooms. The girls had one place, and the boys had the other.

After we settled in, I changed into a bikini and sarong and headed to the beach. I could never get enough of the beach. It helps when you grow up around sand and water. I walked along the shoreline, letting the waves wash over my feet and feeling the wet sand crumble between my toes. I could never get enough of this.

"Anyone seen Alex?" Matt asked, poking his head into our room.

"Try the beach," Grace said, going through her stuff.

While Matt went searching for me, someone already found me, "Having fun?"

I looked up to see Ryan walking towards me. "I am."

"That's good. It's good to see you smile again," Ryan said, standing next to me, looking out at the water.

"Ryan," I started to say.

"Don't worry. I got the hint," Ryan sighed.

"Good, because I want to have fun and relax," I said, crossing my arms.

Then he turned to me. "I wish things were different. I would be here with you."

"Ryan," I said with a look.

"Hear me out, Alex. That's all I ask," Ryan said.

"Okay."

"You are an amazing girl, and I was stupid not to realize what I had. I figured by pushing you away, then maybe the feelings I have would disappear, but I realize when you love someone, they don't magically disappear," Ryan told me.

"Ryan, what you did wasn't love. You don't hurt someone you love. I needed you, but you needed someone in your bed," I said to him. I know it sounded harsh, but it was the truth.

"I know. I wish I could take it all back," Ryan said.

"Well, it's finished. We can't change the past. All we can do is a move forward," I reasoned.

"Yeah, you're right," he said.

We talked for a bit when Matt came upon us.

"Alex!" Matt yelled.

I turned to see Matt standing at a distance. I touched Ryan's arm and walked away towards Matt.

"Hey," I greeted Matt.

"What was that about?" Matt asked.

We both looked at Ryan, "Honestly, I don't know."

"Come on, the girls are getting ready to hit the club," he said.

"Works for me. I could use a little dancing in my life," I said, smiling.

We went back and changed then headed to the club. While we all drank and let loose Erik stuck with pop. By the time we hit the dance floor, I was feeling pretty good. As the music bumped, I felt someone grind on me from behind and turned to see Matt. He was pretty good at dancing. After a bit, we went back and drank more, then danced more until we were pretty hammered.