The plan

The next morning, I woke up and got out of bed. As I walked to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, I heard someone say, "Morning cuz."

"Morning," I yawned, not comprehending what I heard. Then it hit me, and I stopped in my tracks. I turned to see Brian with Dave and the guys in the living room.

I turned back around and grabbed a coffee. It was too early to deal with this without caffeine.

"Alex isn't a morning person," Ryan said.

"Oh, I know. One time I woke Alex up and almost got punched," Brian said.

After a few sips of coffee, I went into the living room, and Brian and Dave scooted over so that I could sit on the couch with them.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"It wasn't hard, especially after Dave's last visit, and then he told me you chose Taylor as your last name," Brian said, arching an eyebrow.

"Well, I figured Frank wouldn't find me since he doesn't know Mom's maiden name," I said in between sips.

"Yeah, well, he did, and he ordered a hit," Brian said, shocking me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Alex, Frank is out of prison," Brian informed me.

"What? How?" I exclaimed.

"He got out on a technicality," Brian told me. "He's been out for two months and wants you taken out."

"Oh god," I said, feeling panic building.

"Relax, that's why we're here, to make sure it doesn't happen," Brian reasoned.

"Who did Frank see for the hit?" Ryan asked.

Brian looked at him, "Max."

"Max?" I stood up.

"Who's Max, and why does Alex look like she is about to toss her cookies?" Erik asked.

"Max is a man that no one wants to mess within Michigan," Brian said.

"So, how do you know him if he's not a good guy?" Erik asked.

"Cause we went to school with him and got him out of a sticky situation. We stayed friends, and when he found out about Frank and Alex, he tried to monitor things," Brian explained.

"Essentially, Max is working on both sides. Lovely," Matt said in a sarcastic tone.

"Max is Max and trusts us; he hates Frank as much as we do," Dave added.

"So, now what?" Asked Ryan.

"We have to meet Johnny and make it look like he took out Alex, but it also means making sure everyone is out of her building," Brian said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause Johnny will rig it to blow," Brian told me.

Hearing those words unnerved me. All because of me, other people had to suffer, including Maggie, but of this was what we needed to ensure my safety, then we had no other choice.

It took a lot of persuading, but Maggie agreed to what would happen. That was after we offered to help her rebuild. The other residents needed relocation. Maggie went to stay with her sister for a while.

Johnny arrived in time as the building emptied. He explained that he didn't need to destroy all the buildings, only the section that I lived in, and even then, the explosion would be enough to basically "kill" me but not do so much damage that the entire building needed constructing.