Halloween

There was a Halloween party at one house, and a bunch of us went. Since it was a costume party, I went as a sexy devil. Don't ask me because I don't know why.

Grace and I arrived at the party, dressed up, and walked into a very crowded house. The music was blaring, and people were dancing and drinking. It was crazy. I went looking for the guys. Matt was with Ashley as always, Erik was hanging in the kitchen and Ryan, well, I wasn't sure where he was.

I looked over and found him talking to some girl. I walked over to him, "Hey Alex," he said.

"Hey," I said casually.

"Alex, this is Bree. Bree, this is Alex, a friend of mine," he introduced us. A friend of mine? Um, okay.

"It's nice to meet you, Alex," Bree said above the music.

"Same," I said, forcing a smile. I didn't want to appear a jealous girlfriend. Better yet, he didn't introduce me as his girlfriend, which I assumed that's what I was. Ugh, I needed to retreat quickly.

"I will check out the party," I said.

"Sounds good. Maybe we'll catch up later," Ryan said. Yeah, I don't think so, buddy.

As I walked away, he grabbed my hand, leaning in and whispering, "Damn, you make a sexy devil."

I looked at him and, in return, said, "I don't think you should keep your date waiting. It's not nice." That caught him off guard, and I pulled away, then left. At that moment, I didn't want to be at a party. I didn't know what Ryan's game was. Usually, the only time a guy introduces a girl that he's intimate with to another girl as a friend means they only see you as one thing. The thought sickened me.

I made my way to the door when Matt caught my arm. "Alex? Why are you leaving?"

"I'm not feeling good. I might come down with something," I said. It was a lie, but I didn't want to upset Matt. Even if it didn't work out with us, I still cared about him.

"I'll swing by later and check on you," Matt offered.

"Sure," I said as I opened the door and left.

Ryan ran up to Matt. "Hey, did you see Alex?"

"Yeah, why?" Matt asked curiously.

"I think I fucked up," he said.

"What did you do?"

"I introduced her to Bree as my friend," he sighed.

"Yeah, you fucked up all right," Erik said as he stood next to Matt.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious," Ryan told Erik.

"Hey, you're the one that fucked up, not me, so don't get all snippy on me," Erik said, crossing his arms.

"Fine," Ryan huffed.

"Okay, now, that we clarified you fucked up, give Alex some space," Matt said.

Ryan looked at him. Matt was right. If he showed up at my door, it was a pretty good chance I would punch him.

I walked home, not saying much, but the one thing I wasn't doing was crying. I don't know why. I think I wasn't in the mood to cry. I didn't cry over a guy that much. It stung when it didn't work out, or we split, but overall, I didn't cry.

I reached my building and went inside it. Once I reached my apartment, I opened the door and entered. I closed the door, locking it, and tossed my keys onto the table that sat by the door. I headed to the shower and cleaned up, putting on comfy clothes.

Afterward, I made a cup of coffee and walked onto the balcony. I sat down and sipped my coffee. Tonight was weird. This whole experience was strange with being here, away from everything and people that I knew.