Frank Monroe

"So?" Someone asked.

"She's not there. We checked around, and no one has ever heard of Alexis Burmington," the one guy said, standing in front of the desk with the back of a chair facing him along with the other guy.

"I see," the person said with irritation.

"We swear, we checked every place," the driver said.

Just then, the chair swiveled around, and they stood face to face with Frank Monroe. Frank took his thumb and ran it back and forth on the desk. "Well, that is unfortunate for you both." Then he looked up at them and flashed a quick smile. Frank stood up and walked around the desk until he was face to face with both of them. "I gave you both one job. Find the little bitch and bring her to me. You couldn't even do that one thing."

"Frank, she's not there," the one guy said.

Frank didn't want to hear any more excuses as he pulled out a knife, shoving it into the guy and pushed it upward, causing blood to pour out of the guy's mouth, "I don't need incompetent fools with excuses to find one stupid girl." He pulled out the knife, letting the guy drop to the ground to bleed out. Then he walked over to the other guy and quickly grabbed his head and brought the knife across his throat, slitting it. As the man grabbed his throat while blood pooled over his hands, he fell to the ground while withering in pain.

He took his knife and wiped it off onto one guy and then put it in his pocket. He opened the door and waved two guys into his office. They walked up. "Get rid of the two guys. I have a business to attend to now." They nodded, and Frank left. Never send amateurs to do a job if you want it done yourself.

He walked out and got into the back of the car. "Take me to Max's."

"Yes, Mr. Monroe," the driver said, taking him to his destination. Once they reached a building, Frank got out of the back of the car and walked into the building. He walked in, and a woman greeted him. She was stunning. Hmmm, may have to have some fun with her later, he thought. He walked into an office, and a man was sitting behind the desk on the phone. He waited until he hung up.

"I don't care what excuses they gave you or if they have a family. I want my damn money. Either they pay or take out the whole family. Get it done," Max growled, hanging up the phone, then tossing it onto the desk. "Fucking amateurs. If you want something done right, do it yourself." He huffed then looked at Frank. "Why are you here?"

"I need your help," Frank answered.

"When don't you need my fucking help?" Max snapped.

Frank looked at him as the guy said, "Fine, what do you need?"

He pulled out a picture and tossed it on the desk. The guy picked it up and looked at it. He let out a sharp whistle. "Pretty thing."

"I want her dead," Frank ordered.

Max looked at Frank. "Are you sure?"

"Positive," Frank answered.

The guy rubbed his chin and thought about it, "This could be bad business."

"I don't care. I wouldn't have come if my people would have taken care of it," he said.

"Fine, what do you want me to do?" Max asked.

"The usual," Frank said.

"It'll cost you double. Just know if I get pinched for this, I'm taking you with me," Max said.

"You won't," Frank said, standing up. "Call me when it's complete. I'll wire the payment after they complete the job."

"Fine," Max answered.