Matt Williams

I made my way to the school and found the register's office, applying for classes. I got lucky and could get a place in each category. Next was my textbook. I went to the bookstore and made my way in albeit not before I ran into someone, causing them to drop their books.

"Sorry," I said, helping the person pick up their stuff.

"Watch where you're going," his tone curt. I looked at him, confused. "Great, another chick to deal with here," the guy groaned.

"What?" I asked, confused.

We both stood up.

"Listen, sweetheart, no matter what you're thinking. I'm not interested, especially with someone that looks like you," the guy sneered.

Wow, okay, so this guy insulted me, and all I did was help him pick up his books.

"Now, please move," he ordered me.

"No problem there," I said, moving out of the way. As he walked by, I mumbled, "Asshole."

He glanced at me as I walked into the bookstore. I looked around until I located all my books and then took them to the front of the bookstore. I paid for them and left. I dropped them off at my apartment before my next quest.

I made my way to a cafe that had a help-wanted sign. Eh, it'll do. I walked into the cafe, bumping into the same guy from the bookstore, spilling his coffee on him.

"Seriously?" The guy barked.

I sighed in frustration.

"Matt, come on," a girl yelled from outside of the cafe. The girl was stunning. She was tan, tall, slender with dark hair, and green eyes.

"I'll be right there, Ash," he said, shooting me a glare. Great, not only was I alone in this town but now I was making enemies.

He walked by me, bumping my shoulder as he joined the gorgeous brunette. Eh, he's still an asshole. I walked in and talked to the owner. Since they needed someone quickly and were desperate, they hired me on the spot. My first shift was tonight. Great, I had never had a job in my life.

They handed me an apron, and I would pick up my badge when I came in for my shift. I left and went to the store to pick up a few things food-wise. Once I finished, I quickly made my way back to the apartment. It was helpful that everything was within walking distance since I didn't have a car at the moment.

Once I unloaded my groceries and put things away, I hopped in the shower and quickly cleaned up. I needed a shower. I hadn't had one since I left home. Afterward, I quickly dressed and threw my hair into a messy bun. I didn't have time to fuss with it.

I hurried to the cafe, and it met me with another girl who would teach me the ropes of everything. It seemed simple enough, well, that was until the college crowd came into the cafe. I guess this was what they call their peak time. I call it insanity.

I rushed from person to person, filling orders and delivering food, albeit not with a few mishaps here and there, but the owner overlooked it since it was my first day. It wouldn't be an issue until I had my third run-in with the guy from earlier, except this time he was with two other guys.