Let the games begin

The new year brought in changes for everyone once they returned. We found out that Bree wasn't coming back. As for reasons, I didn't ask, and to say it disappointed me; it didn't. Ashley pursued Matt again. Why? No one had any clue.

Now Eric was a different ballgame. Ever since Ryan returned, he barely spoke to me. I had no clue what his deal was. Ryan and I had our difficulties, which I guess is growing pains for couples.

I was walking to class when I had someone grab my hand and yank me behind a building, "Ack."

Seriously, what was wrong with everyone doing this? I looked to see Matt standing there. He placed his finger up to his lips as he shushed me. We both peeked around the side of the building to see Ashley coming this way, and we ducked into the bushes. We watched as she looked around and threw her arms up in frustration, walking off.

Once she was out of view, we both stood up. "Do I even want to know?" I asked.

"Since we all got back, Ashley keeps pursuing me," Matt said.

"Why?" I asked.

He gave me a look and shrugged.

"If I knew, do you think I would hide in the bushes?" Matt questioned me.

"With you, anything is possible," I shrugged.

"Thanks a lot," he said.

"Any time," I smirked. Matt's eyes widened, and he said, "You never saw me, and I was never here." Then he took off, leaving me confused. I turned to see Ashley on her way towards me.

"Have you seen Matt?" Ashley asked.

"Um, nope," I replied.

"God, what is with this guy?" She said in a huff.

"Got me," I shrugged as she stormed off. I will never understand those two. I don't think I want to follow Matt and Ashley.

I made my way to class. After class, I was walking out and putting things in my bag when Grace rushed up to me, grabbing me. "Hide me."

"What?" I asked as she darted behind me, trying to hide. What is with her and Matt today?

"Oh Graciepoo," I heard someone say. I looked to see Chase coming this way. As Erik walked by, I grabbed him by the arm and linked mine with his. He gave me a look as Chase stepped up to me. "Did you see Grace?"

"I think she went that way," I said to him, pointing in a different direction.

He looked at Erik, who I elbowed, and he said, "Yep."

He ran into the direction I pointed to and yelled, "Graciepoo."

Once he was out of view, Grace stood up. "Thanks."

"Still pursuing you, huh?" I asked, raising my brows.

"Like poison ivy, that won't go away," she sighed.

"Sounds about right," Erik said.

"All I know is that I wish he would get the hint. I do not want him or anything to do with him. That ship has officially sailed a long time ago," Grace said with a sigh. I laughed.

She left and went in the opposite direction of Chase. Erik and I started walking, "How was your New Year's Eve," Erik asked.

"Interesting. Ryan came back early," I mentioned.

"That a good thing, isn't it?" Erik asked.

"Yeah," I said with a smile.

"Then you should be good," Erik added.