Chapter 108 - It Was Already Over

Depuis le début

"I made it up." He repeats again.

"You love her." I say. "And she adores you, Nick. She really does. She's happy that you're back in her life. You too...Are...Were perfect together when you were kids." I shrug. Nick drops his head as I carry on talking. "But she's taken, Nick. Even if she doesn't know it yet, she will get her memory back on day." I add.

"And if she doesn't?" Nick asks.

"Then just let her be." I say slowly and shrug. "You're just not the one." I add sadly and watch his face scrunch up in sadness for a split second.

"And Marshall is?" He mumbles.

"Let Tessa get along with Marshall. Let them talk, become friends....Spend time with eachother and eventually she'll get her memory back or she'll....fall in love with him again." I add. "I'm sorry, Nick." I shrug.

"Yeah." Nick sighs before he leans back slowly. "And what the fuck are you gonna do when the contract kills her?" He asks as he looks up at him.

"This Rose girl." I say as I lean foward.

"Jay's girl? What about her?" He asks.

"Turns out her mom is a patient at the hospital I work at." I say as I gather my things.

"Karla..." Nick says slowly as he slowly stands up after me. "What are you planning?" He asks.

"Nothing." I shrug before I walk past him.

"Karla. You don't know what she can do. Don't you fucking dare mess with her." He says as he follows me towards the door.

"I'll see you soon, Nick." I say as I pull open the door, only for Nick to quickly slam the door.

"Do you wanna die?" He asks, making me turn around to face him.

"Well i'm gonna die soon anyway." I shrug and reach for the handle only for Nick to slap my hand away.

"I thought we all wanted the same thing?" He says.

"We want Tessa to be happy." I state and turns to face him.

"Exactly." He nods.

"Marshall makes her happy." I shrug.

"Listen to yourself, Karlz. You sound fucking crazy!" He snaps. "That can't happen. The contract will kill her.
She will die." He says slowly.

"Get away from me, Nicklaus." I mumble as I pull the door open. "I told you, i've got this." I add as I walk out of his apartment.

Tessa's P.O.V:
"You heard from your dad?" I ask as I roll the dough. Iris closes the oven the door before she stands up straight and stands next to me.

"Mhmm. This morning." She nods.

"Did he say anything about coming home?" I ask and watch Iris as she adds toppings to the pizza.

"Yeah. He's coming home tomorrow." She states. "Are you and Marshall not talking?" She asks, making me let out a small sigh.

"Of course we are." I shrug and start to roll the dough again. "We're just...Having a few problems that's all." I add.

"Is it because you don't remember him?" She asks.

"Kinda." I nod. "But we'll be back to normal soon, sweetie." I lie.

"Yeah?" She raises her brow, making me nod again. "So...You don't remember anything about dad?" She asks.

"I remember a few bits here and there." I lie.