Two

Lexi walked into the ED. She sighed when she saw Cal smirking at her. She tried not to smile back.

Cal immediately walked over. He smirked.
"Hello Lexi. You look as beautiful as ever," Cal said.
Lexi smiled. "Thank you Caleb."

They walked to the staffroom together. Ethan looked over at them. He got a little jealous but wouldn't say. He wanted Lexi.

Lexi made some coffee before she looked at Cal. "You're coming tonight aren't you?" She asked.
"Your party?" Cal asked. Lexi nodded. "Course I'll be there."

Lexi grinned and went to get changed. Cal smiled at Ethan. "Nibbles, she wants me."
"I don't think so Cal," he said. Cal laughed and shook his head.

Lexi tied her hair up and walked out of the changing rooms. Cal was waiting on her.
"So, tonight... me and you could turn up together?" Cal suggested.
Lexi smiled. "I don't think that's going to happen. I have to be there beforehand."

Ethan heard Cal messing up and tried not to laugh. He smiled at Cal but Cal glared back.

Lexi rolled her eyes and walked over to Louise. "You're coming too. I need all the help I can get," she said.
"Of course."
"Brill!"

Lexi began to work on some patients. Ethan came over. "I'll get you a gift tomorrow."
"Don't worry. You being there will make my day," Lexi said.
Ethan blushed and walked off. Lexi grinned. She thought Ethan was cute.
Ethan bumped into a trolley. Lexi smiled. She liked Ethan's cuteness.

Lexi saw Cal coming over as she walked over to discharge a patient.
"What did Nibbles want?" Cal asked.
"Telling me he'll get me a gift tomorrow. Why?"
Cal smiled. "Well I have a gift for you tonight."
"There's no need."

Cal winked and walked off. Noel smirked.
"Don't say anything," Lexi warned him. Noel laughed.
"I won't say a thing," Noel said.
"Good. Don't. I'll kick your arse," Lexi warned.

Cal went to help Ethan. Ethan smiled. "What are you getting Alexis?" He asked.
"That's none of your concern," Cal replied.

Lexi and Louise were working together. Alicia walked over. "Lex, tonight, is anyone welcome?"
"Yeah."
"Oh good," Alicia said. She smiled. Alicia walked off. Louisa and Lexi went back to work.

Ethan was looking online in the staffroom for a present. He saw a necklace that would suit Lexi. He immediately put it in the shopping cart.

Cal saw what Ethan was doing and smirked.
"You really think that will win her over?" Cal asked.
Ethan rolled his eyes. "Well it's probably better than what you've got her."
"We'll see Nibbles."

Lexi went to make some coffee. Cal and Ethan were there. "Hello."
"Hi Lexi. You okay?" Cal asked.
Lexi nodded. "Yeah. I'm okay thanks. What ya doing?"
"Just picking gifts," Cal said. Lexi groaned.
"I've told you both it's not necessary," Lexi said. Cal smiled.
"We know." 

Lexi made the men a cup of coffee too. Ethan helped her to make them.
"That's so nice of you," Lexi said. Ethan smiled and a blush crept on to his cheeks.

Ethan handed Cal his coffee.
"You know, you'll really enjoy my present," Cal said.
Lexi grinned. "Will I?"
"I think so."

Lexi rolled her eyes and walked off. Cal followed. "You're stalking me Dr Knight."
"I'm not. Just merely keeping my colleague company."
Lexi laughed. "I'm working. I don't need company Caleb."
"You do Alexis."
Lexi groaned. "Never ever call me Alexis again. I hate that name."
Cal smirked and tried to kiss her. Lexi put her hand in the way.
"Uh-uh. Don't even think about it Doctor Knight."

Lexi walked off. Cal groaned. Ethan came over.
"She's begging for it," Cal said.
Ethan shook his head. "Don't try to get her if she doesn't want you Cal."

Cal walked off smirking. Ethan knew he wouldn't listen.

...
Lexi made her way to the pub for her party. Cal was waiting. "You're keen."
"Yeah. Charlie let me go early."
Lexi laughed. "Wow."

Lexi and Cal went inside. The pub was all done up. "This looks amazing Lex."
"Thanks. Tried me hardest," she replied as she took off her long coat.

Cal was shocked at her dress. "You look amazing too."
Lexi smiled. "You're too sweet."
Cal took her hand and brought her over to the bar.

Cal got her some wine. Lexi laughed.
"Are you trying to get me drunk?" Lexi asked. Cal smirked.
"Never."

Lexi was curious about her present but she didn't ask because she wanted Cal to give it in his own time.
Lexi and Cal went to get another drink. Everyone had arrived at the party now. Lexi smiled at them. "Thank you all for coming! Lexi loves you!" She said.

Ethan stood outside the pub. He wanted to go and give Lexi her gift.

Lexi and Cal were taking shots. "Come on Caleb! Show me what you got," she said.
Cal smirked. "Oh I will."
Lexi laughed. They began to down their shots. Ethan finally got up the courage to walk inside.

Louise smiled when she saw him. She walked over.
"Lexi's at the bar," Louise said. Ethan nodded and walked over that way.

Lexi grinned at Cal.
"So Doctor Knight. What's the gift you have?" Lexi asked.
Cal grabbed Lexi's waist and pulled her into him. Lexi gasped at the contact. She wanted him.

Cal closed the distance between them and kissed her passionately. Lexi kissed him back. They didn't know that Ethan was standing there watching.

Louise smiled. "Wow! Lexi and Cal!"
Lexi pulled away and gasped when she saw Ethan.
"Ethan I-"

Ethan set the gift on top of the bar and walked off. Lexi felt bad. She grabbed Ethan's gift and opened it.

He had got the heart necklace engraved saying "for a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart."

Lexi ran out after Ethan. Ethan was too far away that he couldn't hear her calling after. Cal walked out and wrapped his arm around her from behind. He kissed her neck.
"Come on back inside babe."
Lexi followed Cal back inside. Cal smiled and kissed her again. Lexi kissed back. Deep down she didn't feel the same.

All that ran through Lexi's mind was Ethan.