Eleven

Lexi knew how things were good with her and Cal. She knew how they were having a baby. And even though it wasn't easy, they were trying to make it work.

Lexi knew that she was happy with Cal. But the fact that they were going to have a baby did scare her.

Lexi laid in bed and smiled as she placed a hand on her bump and smiled. She knew how things were.

And how she and Cal were trying to make it work. But she also knew how they were scared.

Lexi placed a hand on her bump. She smiled as she felt her baby kick away. She knew how it still blew her mind how she was going to have a baby.

Lexi stood from the bed and got dressed as she got ready for work. She knew how she was tired. And she knew that she couldn't be bothered. But she knew that she needed the money for her baby.

Lexi smiled as she saw a text off of Cal. She sent him a reply and sighed.

She knew how things were and how it wasn't exactly easy but she did want to make things work with them.

She knew how she was slowly starting to fall in love with him. And she knew how it scared her. She did want it to be okay.

Lexi grabbed her keys off of the side and smiled. She knew how hard that things had been. She knew she just wanted it to all be okay.

****

Lexi got to work. She walked into the staffroom. She smiled as she saw Rae. She looked to her and smiled. "Hey. How are you?" She asked.

Rae smiled. "Well other than the fact my life has been turned upside down? I am okay. It's just taking some getting use to, you know?" She said as she looked to her.

Lexi looked to her and smiled. "I get that. But now you have a family. I know what you have been through. And how you haven't felt like you had a family before. But you have me and mum. And this baby will be your niece," she told her. 

Rae looked to her and smiled. "It's a girl?"

Lexi nodded. "Yeah it is."

"That's great," Rae said as she walked over and hugged lexi who smiled. "You're going to be a great mum. I know that you are," Rae said as Lexi looked to her and smiled.

****

Lexi smiled as she saw Cal as he walked over to her. "How are my girls?" He asked.

Lexi wrapped her arms around his neck and smiled. "We're good," she said.

Cal looked to her and smiled. "I know how things aren't easy. But it will be okay. Which is why I have been thinking. What if we move in together?" He said as she looked to him and frowned.

Lexi knew that it was a shock. And how it still felt like early days with them.

But was lexi and cal really ready to live together? Knowing  just how early it really was in their relationship?