One

A/N - I'm writing this just cause I'm not over Cal's death yet 😭
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lexi sped into the car park of her new job. She was starting as a nurse after graduating from University. She couldn't wait. She wanted to be able to help people.

She parked her car and walked inside. She made sure she took off her sunglasses not wanting to look ridiculous. 

Lexi walked over to the reception. "I'm looking for Connie Beauchamp. I'm Alexis Clarke. The new nurse," she said.

"Lexi?"

Lexi looked up to see a woman wearing higher heels than what she was. "I'm Mrs Beauchamp. Follow me," she said.

***
Half an hour later, Lexi walked from the office and smiled. A doctor came over. "Welcome to the ED. I'm Dr Knight. You can call me yours though," he said.

Lexi grinned. "I'm Lexi. And I'll stick with your name thanks... Caleb," she said.

"Very well."

Lexi got changed and noticed Cal was waiting for her. Lexi rolled her eyes. "Well, you're being quite stalkish aren't you?"

"Is that even a word?"

Lexi shrugged. "Who knows. But I do know that you're stalking me. Why?"

"You're beautiful and it appears that I am too. We should go for a drink," he said.

Lexi rolled her eyes. She winked though. "An hour and I've already been hit on. That's a new record," she said.

"What do you say?"

"Nah. Too soon."

***
While Lexi was working, another guy walked over. He smiled. "Hi there. I'm Ethan Hardy. Welcome to the ED."

Lexi smiled. "I'm Alexis but call me Lexi. I can't stand my name," she said.

Ethan grinned. "Well it's better than the nickname my brother gave me," he said.

"Whats that?"

Ethan blushed. "Nibbles."

Lexi burst out laughing. She smiled. "Well, my dad gave me a nickname once. Pinky pie."

"Why?"

"I had an obsession with my little pony. I dyed my hair pink when I was thirteen and kept it till I was eighteen."

***
Cal saw Ethan with Lexi and he didn't like it. He was the one who wanted her. He walked over to her. "Lex, I need your help."

"Okay. It was great meeting you Ethan. Tell your brother I want to know the whole story behind Nibbles," she said.

Cal smirked. "I'd be glad to tell you."

Lexi was shocked. She had no idea that Ethan and Cal were related. "Wow."

***
Cal and Lexi were working on a patient. Lexi grinned. "You'd never be able to tell you and Ethan were brothers."

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" Cal asked.

"Well I won't get confused. So I guess it is," Lexi said.

***
Eventually, Lexi's first shift had ended. She got changed back into her skinny jeans, vest top and heels. She walked out to her car. "Lexi!"

Lexi turned to see Cal. He smiled over at her. "Do you want to go for a drink?" He asked.

Lexi smiled. "Not tonight. I'm a little busy.  Tomorrow possibly."

Cal smirked and walked off. Lexi knew working in the ED was going to be a challenge. But she didn't know that her love life was going to be challenging too.