Eight

Lexi's head was a mess with all that was going on. She couldn't believe that Rae was actually her sister. Lexi knew that they looked alike. But she never thought anything of it. She knew that it scared her.

Lexi knew so much was going on. She knew that Cal wasn't talking to her since she had told him that Ethan could have been the father of her baby. And she was scared. She felt so alone.

Lexi knew she wanted to be with Cal. And how she wanted to make it work. But she knew it wasn't easy. It wasn't going to be easy at all. She knew that it was a mess.

Lexi got to work. She walked into the staffroom and saw Rae. She smiled. "Hey. I've been calling you. I wanted to see if you were okay?" Lexi asked.

Rae smiled. "Sorry. I just needed to clear my head. And well...it's still a mess. I just don't understand. I mean I didn't know I was adopted."

"I didn't know I had a sister. I think there is more going on. I'll talk to my mum. And I'll see what's going on. I just need to see if I actually have a relationship still," Lexi said.

Rae smiled. "You can and will work it out. He loves you," she told her.

****

Lexi stood by the nurses station. She looked to see Cal as he walked over. They held a look as she looked at him and sighed. "Can we talk? Or are you done with this baby? Then I think I need to know," Lexi said.

Cal looked to her and sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I've been off. But I just needed some time. I do want you. I want us. And I want to make it work. I love you and this baby. You're pretty sure it's mine?" He asked.

Lexi smiled as she looked at him. "I think so. Look, Ethan and I were careful. And it was one time. We weren't as careful all the time. But I'm sure it's your baby," Lexi said.

Cal looked to her and smiled. He pulled her close and kissed her. "I know it's scary. But we will make it work. I promise," he said as he leant in and kissed her.

Lexi kissed him back and smirked. Cal looked at her. "Whatever happens, I'm here. And we will make it work," he said as she smiled.

Lexi knew so much was going on in her life right bow. And all that she wanted was for things to be okay. Especially with Cal as the last thing she wanted to do was to lose him.

****

Lexi sat in her flat. She heard the door knocking. She stood up and answered it. She saw her mum and frowned. She looked to her. "What is it?" Lexi asked.

Her mum looked to her and sighed. "I'm sorry. I wanted to apologise," she said.

Lexi sighed as she looked at her. "You owe me an explanation. And Rae of course. She's my best friend. And apparently my sister. She's been through hell. And she needs answers," Lexi said as she took her mum into the flat.

"Of course," she said.

Lexi sighed. Knowing she needed answers. And knowing she wasn't sure if she was ready for the truth.