Enjoying The Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"Nice to see you too Laska," Monty sarcastically spits out. I roll my eyes glancing at the boy.

      "Come on Mont you know I love you the most," I exclaim with a smile. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Jasper get a mock look of hurt on his face making my smile grow.

      "Prisoners of The Ark, hear me now. You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better, we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable," Jaha spoke from a tv to all the delinquents.

      "You're dads a dick Wells," a random person from among the crowd yelled out. I was quite surprised at the fact that Jaha had sent his own son to his death. Pretty ruthless if you ask me.

      "If, however, you do survive, those crimes will be forgiven, your records wiped clean. The drop site has been chosen carefully. Before the last war, Mount Weather was a military base built within a mountain. It was to be stocked with enough non-perishables to sustain 300 people for up to two years. No one ever made it there. Because we spare you no food, or water, or medicine, I cannot stress strongly enough, that Mount Weather is life." I had blocked out Jaha no longer wanting to listen to his dumb ass speech and looked around me. Just then someone spoke up.

       "Spacewalk bandit strikes again. Go, Finn! Check it out." Finn also known as spacewalker had got out of his seat and started to float around. He circled around Wells and a blonde chick lazily lying on his back in front of them.

I'd known Finn for a while. We used to sit around by these huge windows in the hallways and talk about what we thought earth was like. Sometimes I'd draw him and his girlfriend raven. They'd been together for a long time. He got arrested for going on an illegal space walk and wasting oxygen. I'd been there to help them both in hard times and considered them both extremely close friends of mine.

      "Your dad floated me after all," Finn exclaimed to an unamused Wells.

      "You should strap in before the parachutes deploy," Wells warned the boy opposite him. While they were having a dispute two other boys got out of their seats and started to copy space walker.

      "Hey, you two, stay put if you want to live," the blonde tried to explain to the thick skulled boys in front of her. Looking to my left I smiled at the boys beside me. It fell short when the ship began to rock though. We had hit the atmosphere and were descending to the ground. The ship rocked again meaning the parachute must have deployed. As it began to glide to the ground the three out of their seats flew around the room. One of which hit an oxygen pipe breaking it open releasing a hissing noise.

      "Monty, Jasper I just want to let you guys know before we die, that I was the one that stole all that weed from you guys!" I screamed over all the other delinquents. I squeezed my eyes shut expecting the worst. The ship came in contact with the ground which sent everyone lurching forward. This resulted in the seat belt pressing firmly against my chest and stomach. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the boys next to me. They both had extremely disapproving looks on their faces. I smiled innocently at them.

     "Surprise we're still alive. Pretend like you never heard that," I told them. They both broke out into smiles not really caring about the thing I had previously confessed to them.

      "Listen. No machine hum." Monty pointed out finally speaking.

      "Well that's a first," Jasper responded not missing a beat. The seat belts unclipped and I was released from the seat. I stood up and stretched my legs out. Looking at the situation in front of me I saw two boys lying on the ground quite clearly dead. Finn standing over them with a guilty look covering his face.