1

I threw my red stress ball at the wall. It bounced off and came back to the very hand I threw it with. I repeated the cycle over and over again seeing how there was nothing to do in this wretched cell.

The cell smelled horrible and my cell mate wasn't the best with hygiene which made things worse. In a way, he acts almost like a bear and looks like one too. Luckily, I didn't say any of it out loud or else I might as well be making a wish list on how many ways to be killed. Even as he sleeps and snores louder than a train whistle my cell mate, Zeb has remarkable hearing.

   Our cell door opens and their mutton chops a.k.a Kallus stands, glaring at me. He has sandy-blond hair and sideburns with light brown eyes. He is also the police officer that is supposed to be watching over me.

   I catch my stress ball and slid it into the pocket of my worn down, orange sweat shirt.

   "What did I do now?" I asked annoyed and accidentally waking the beast himself.

   "Shut up, kid," the gruff man said hitting the back of my head then falling back asleep. I rubbed the spot Zeb hit and stood up getting away from him.

   "There is someone here bailing you out," Mutton chops said. I looked up in confusion. Who in the world would bail me out? My idiotic dad won't because he thinks that it'll help me 'learn my lesson.' My mom is a different story and I don't have any relatives or other family members. It's going to be another three months before I can even get out!

   So who is getting me out of the slammer?

   "Are you coming or not?" Mutton chops asked me annoyed and I rolled my eyes walking towards the exit. He closes the cell and leads me down the hall of cells to a metal door. We headed towards to the waiting area. As we walked, my mind itched to think of who it could be that was bailing me out of jail.

   Once entering the area, I saw a woman and a small boy sitting to the side. The boy was sleeping on his mother's lap while she combed her fingers through his hair.

   I quickly looked away trying to push the urge, the want to be held like that again. Instead, ignored it and kept scanning the room for whoever was bailing me out.

   There was a small group of teens typing away at their phones and talking, probably waiting for a friend or something.

   An old, fat man wearing a fedora wasn't far away from the teens. He was quietly sitting and dazed at the far wall across the room. Then lastly, there was a man with a ponytail with crossed arms and blank face, watching mutton chops and me.

   We stopped in front of him and I gave mutton chops a confused look.

   "Here he is and keep a close eye on him. He tends to be trouble," Kallus told the man.

   "I will," the man said with a nod.

   I stared at the man and taking in his appearance. The man has brown hair and forest green eyes. A goatee covered his chin and his skin was pale. He's wearing an evergreen shirt, sleeves rolled up to his elbows; dark, blue jeans; and black boots with dried mud sticking to them.

   'Who is this guy?' I thought.

   "Um, mutton chops," I began to speak, "I have no clue who this guy is and aren't you supposed to be giving me to my parents? Not a total stranger?"

   Mutton chops turned and faced me with a glare, "He has everything that is needed to legally get you out of our custody and besides..."

   He crossed his arms with a mockery tone when saying ", I thought you would be thrilled to get out."