9th Chappie

It was sweet and simple but the taste of him remained on my lips even when I pulled away. Alex stared at me and blinked as if I had completely caught him off guard, which I suppose I had because I was surprised too.

“Um…thanks?” He smirked.

“Ah…you’re welcome.” I felt flushed and out of sorts. How could I have kissed him, again! I really had lost all of my senses. Now I was stuck under his body and although I was delighting in the touch of skin, I had no way of escaping.

“Kay…” He spoke my name and I knew I had to get away from him. The close distance was clouding my judgement and mixing with my emotions it appeared. I just needed some space between us.

“Don’t say anything.” I pushed against his chest but it was like a brick wall, I should have guessed he would be strong, being a fireman and all. My attempts at breaking free were diminished as he reached for my arms and pinned my wrists above my head. Now I was definitely not going to be able to leave.

“I think we should talk and I mean actually talk. What the hell is going on between us? I know that I have never wanted a woman more than I want you and I know you feel the same about me. Why do you always have to run away from what we both desire?”

“It’s not that simple. Look I just got out of a pretty serious relationship and don’t think it is appropriate to be hookin’ up with some kid.” I knew the words were harsh but he backed me into a corner. There was a flash of hurt on his face and then it was gone behind that mask of perfection. I felt guilt wash over me but it was the right thing to do. Alex needed to stop imagining that things were going to change between us. I wasn’t just about to stop thinking about Richard, I might be mad at him but I was still in love with him. I wanted to marry him for goodness sake! What Alex was talking about was just lust and the thrill of the unknown. That was all it could be – unknown.

“See you are running again, what’s going to happen when you have nowhere to hide, Kay? When are you going to let go and give into what I know we both want.”

“They are wants and not what I need right now. What we need is to get cleaned up, get back on your bike and meet up with Mads.” I let out a sigh. I didn’t want to fight. I didn’t want to hurt him. I knew this was what had to happen though. “Maybe it wasn’t the right idea for me to agree to come with you and it definitely wasn’t a good idea for me to kiss you just now.” The words had only just left my lips when I noticed his head lowering. I should have dodged the kiss but I was pinned down and he moved too fast – probably his plan.

His kiss was hard and hungry. It sent tingles down my spine all the way to my core. Was it possible to feel such explosion from a single kiss? He released my wrists finally and slid down my arms sending electric shocks all over my skin. I might have been getting cool from the water but now I was way too hot to notice. I knew I should have ignored the sensations running through me but my body had different ideas. I met his fire with my own. I let myself enjoy the moment devouring his mouth. With my hands now free I used one to stroke his muscular bicep and the other tangled in his hair. The wet locks twisted around my fingers, drawing me in closer. He left my mouth then and trailed his tongue down my neck causing new ripples of pleasure to shoot through to between my legs. I was already excited and we were still fully clothed!

“We should...stop.” I staggered on each word; the wind was knocked out of my lungs by the sheer impact of his mouth on my skin, boiling me alive.

“That’s a pretty pathetic protest. You’ll have to do better than that.” He mumbled at the base of my collarbone. He was teasing me! He knew how much he had an effect on my body and here he was using it completely to his advantage. He sucked on my neck forcing a groan to leave me. “That’s better.” He purred. What a jerk!

“This…is…so…” I mumbled. Was it even a point trying to fight it anymore? Maybe Alex was right? Maybe I was just running away from what was bound to happen, the inevitable. Just when I thought I was going to completely fall under the spell of passion, a wolf whistle sounded from a distance. My body stilled as did Alex’s. He shifted his attention from me to whoever had made the noise.

Panic fuelled me. We had been spotted. I had just committed adultery – kind of – and was caught in the act! I was too ashamed to look and instead faced the other way. The fireman, still on top of me, called out something before standing up. He pulled me up without asking my opinion on the matter and dragged me back up to the beach. Forced to face the stranger I saw an elderly man laughing from the ‘car park’. His whole being shook from the motion and caused his small French-style hat to wobble on his head. The lines on his face showed his age but held an undeniable presence of happiness. He strode down to the beach to greet us.

“Father, how are you?” Alex shook the old man’s hand. My eyes nearly bobbled out of my head. This was Alex’s dad? I had been caught in the act by my – the – hot fireman’s father? Oh crap, this day was just full of surprises.

“Quite well. Nice day for a swim, hmm?” The old man raised an eyebrow and gave me a friendly smile as he offered me his hand. I was still dripping from head to toe and completely ashamed of my actions but managed an average handshake.

“Father, this is Kay…a friend of mine.”

“Indeed,” the old man nodded and finally acknowledged our appearance. “Perhaps you would like to get cleaned up at my house?” Now I was going to see Alex’s childhood house? This day was going to be the end of me. Though the prospect of seeing where Alex grew up was incredibly tempting. Would there be adorable photos of him as a small boy playing with his train set or wedding pictures of his parents? That stopped me in my tracks. It was slightly depressing how my thoughts could turn from pure amusement to heartache in a second. The thought of weddings kind of had that effect on me at the moment though. The two men didn’t seem to notice my silence and continued on discussing something and sharing a laugh. It was nice to see such good family relations. It was something Alex and I had in common, a good relationship with our fathers.

“Let’s go.” Alex turned to me and gave my hand a small squeeze. That’s when I finally noticed that he was holding my hand. God, I was oblivious when I was daydreaming.

“Go where?” I asked, like an idiot.

“To my house.” The old man smiled broadly. It was meant to be a comforting gesture but I wasn’t feeling any more at ease in the situation.

“We need to get warmed up and we still have plenty of time to meet up with Mads.” Alex pointed out. A shiver trickled down my spine but this time it was from the cold. Yep, a hot shower sounded great about now.

“Lead the way.” I surrendered.