3rd Chappie

The roads were not too busy with only a bunch of cars in view from either direction. Mads and I had quieted down a fair bit and just enjoyed the flow of the breeze flooding through the open car windows and the sound of our favourite music.

"Hey Mads?" My best friend flicked her head from the road to me and then back to the road for a moment to let me know she was listening. "Why didn't you tell me you didn't like Richard?"

"Oh..." Mads mumbled.

"You can tell me the truth Mads, we are best friends, are we not?" I laughed at my attempt at a foreign accent.

"Let's stop for lunch, huh?" Mads said changing the topic. We pulled into a small pub-looking building and I could feel my stomach hungry for food. I hadn't really eaten breakfast, could you blame me for being starving? The two of us slid into the pub just as a motorbike pulled up. I felt like I had seen that motorbike before but didn't question it.

The smell of mouth-watering food hit me like a tsunami. God, I was famished.

"I'll go get a table if you go and order something." Mads suggested as she turned to find a vacant booth.

"What do you want?"

"The biggest burger they've got with chips and sauce and a cold drink." Mads called over her shoulder. I had to laugh at my friend's eating habits. It seemed as though Mads was never full, she always had food on her mind. I leaned up against the bar waiting for someone to serve me. Most of the bar tenders were trying their luck at chatting up girls down the other end and completely ignoring my existence.

"Excuse me?" I waved my hand in hopes that I would finally be noticed. Nothing. I sighed and tried again. This time a female bartender flicked her little blonde head in my direction gave me a glare and then turned back to her entertainment. I rolled my eyes, she reminded me so much of Lucy-Bree.

"Hey pretty little lady." The guy beside me slurred. Just what I needed, some drunk guy trying to rub up against me in the hopes that I would screw him. "What's the sour look for?" I said nothing and pretended he wasn't there. I was considering moving down to the other end of the bar where I may actually get some service. "I like your shirt; I think it would look better on my floor." The drunk guy shifted forward so that he was only centimetres from me. I could smell the alcohol on his lips and see the sweat dotting his forehead. He was starting to creep me out now. I was about to signal Mads for some backup when I felt a presence behind me.

"The young Miss does not want your attention." Another male voice joined in. This voice was husky and strong. It was a voice that one could easily be intimidated by. The drunken guy looked between me and the man behind me, confusion present on his face. He attempted to move closer to me again but a protective hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me backwards. "Back off." A shiver went up my spine as the man's words brushed against my ear. It had been a long time since Richard had ever whispered sweet nothings in my ear. I shook my head slowly, now was not the time to think of my ex-fiancé. He could wait for later. The drunk guy finally took the unsubtle hints and retreated to the opposite end of the bar. It took me a few seconds to realise that I was still pressed up against another man. I spun around and stepped back so that we could now face each other. My senses were on high alert when I saw the supermodel like guy standing before me. He was tanned and strong. No amount of clothing would be able to hide the rippling muscle underneath. My mouth went dry. It had been a very long time since I had felt like this. The man cocked his eyebrow up in a greeting. I almost bit my tongue in an attempt to hide my obvious attraction to the guy. "Are you ok?" I stared at him in shock, was he really talking to me. That's when the events that had just taken place raced back into my mind like a herd of wild brumbies.

"Oh..." I blushed, hard. "Yeah thanks." I muttered subtly feathering my eyes over him. I should have smacked myself for being so perverted but it was torturous to resist.

"Well I'm glad, its Kay right?" the heavenly being asked. My mind went into overdrive.

"How the hell do you know my name?" I almost snapped although it was incredibly sexy for the god-boy to know my name.

"I was at your wedding." That one little sentence sent me a new wave of shock. What the hell was going on here? I knew Richard had a large family and friends but I didn't remember seeing this guy. Then again I didn't really see anyone at my wedding because it never actually happened.

The two of us stared at each other for a while. The silence was deafening.

"You were?" I gasped. "Friend of the bride or groom?" I asked dumbly.

"Neither really..." the man shrugged casually.

"I don't remember inviting you." He was hesitant in a way. I had a feeling he thought I may let loose on him under the circumstances of that fateful day.

"I wasn't really invited per say. Richard's best man was my brother, Craig, but he got sick and I had to take his place. You would think that Richard would have asked another friend or something but instead I was stuck in a stuffy suit standing by myself watching a stranger walk towards me." The stranger explained.

"I'm guessing you mean that I was that stranger? I didn't know Craig had a brother. Then again I never really spoke to Craig." I confessed feeling a little guilty.

"He's an arse like Richard so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't bother to chit-chat with you." The man sighed in exasperation.

"You don't seem to be on great terms with your brother and I do not chit-chat." I spat the words back at him. Of course he was insulting. How could anyone with a body like...like that be nice?

"Hold your horses there girly. I didn't mean to offend." He replied holding his hands up in preparation for some sort of attack on my behalf.

"Don't call me girly. My name is Kay." I said firmly but my attempt was pathetic. It came out as more of a squeak. He laughed at that and gave me a charming smile. My knees began to weaken. This was not happening I commanded myself to obey my screaming orders but with little affect.

"I'm Alex; it is a pleasure to meet you girly." He took my hand and kissed it lightly. It wasn't possible to be mad at him for long. At least now I had a name to a face. An incredibly sexy and desiring face for that matter. "Should I be worried about your friend over there?" Alex gestured to the other side of the room. Mads was sitting at a table almost drooling. I laughed nervously. At least I wasn't the only one that was under some sort of desire spell.

"She's fine. Did you want to come and join us for breakfast slash lunch?" I offered. The words left my lips before I could stop myself. I had never been a mess in front of Richard, why was I acting this way now? Alex was my ex-fiancé's friend's brother. Nothing more.

"Sure, what do you want to eat?" Alex nodded casually as he began to lean on the bar in an effort to be served.

"Oh I don't think you are going to get any service. The girl down the other end-" I began but my sentence faded as the female bar tender ran over.

"How can I help you today?" she giggled lightly brushing her fingers over Alex's arm.

"Oh my god." I muttered under my breath. Alex smirked at me as if he heard my comment. "Can I have the largest burger you have with tomato sauce, two cokes and a Chicken Caesar wrap with extra mayo..." I listed as the girl wrote it down with irritation plain to see in her eyes. I was pleased at her annoyance. She deserved it. "...oh please." I smiled sweetly. Alex laughed at my reaction. Was I just some sort of amusement to him? This should have frustrated me but of course his witty smile outweighed any negativity I held to him.