Chapter 17 [A Question]

"Ah, y/n!" Yoongi said while shaking me. "Are you listening?" He asked in a frustrated tone. I had constantly been spacing out all day at school. Maybe I shouldn't have come today...

"Sorry," I said while looking up at Yoongi.

"What happened to you?" He asked while stretching. "You've been really out of it today." Memories of Sunday night came flooding back to me yet again. I turned to Yoongi, trying my hardest to not tell him what happened with Namjoon. I don't want to ruin their friendship. I had totally forgotten about the date I had with Jungkook too.

"Do you think Jungkook's kiss counted as a real one?" I asked with a lowered head.

"Ahh! Stop thinking about Jungkook!" Yoongi said while waving his arms in the air. "Of course it wasn't! You were asleep!"

"Yoongi!" I yelled while glancing around the classroom. "Keep it down," I mumbled. So that means Namjoon was my first... I thought to myself with my head in my hands.

"Why'd you ask that?" Yoongi said while sitting back in his chair and folding his arms. "Would you like me to demonstrate a real one?" He said with a smirk.

"Yoongi!" I said while slapping his arm. Yes! The bell rung! I smiled to myself.

"What a productive lesson," Yoongi rolled his eyes while glaring at our teacher who was asleep. I giggled at his remark as I put my books away.

I opened my front door with a sigh of relief. "Home sweet home," I mumbled to myself with a grin on my face. I tiptoed to the kitchen with elegance to retrieve some snacks.

"Oh y/n," I popped my head out of the cupboard and found Jin standing in the entrance of the kitchen.

"Yes?" I asked, a smile still faint on my lips. "These snacks are gonna be so-" my mumbling was interrupted by Jin's voice.

"Don't forget you have work today." He said before walking off. My smile immediately faded. As I put the snacks back a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"Sorry I'm late!" I yelled as I flew through the doorway of Mr Kim's office.

"It's okay," he said while glancing over his glasses at me. He was sitting behind his desk, reading a newspaper.  "Sit down," he said, nodding toward the chair that was stationed in front of his desk. The rustle of his newspaper filled the silence as he folded it in half and placed it his desk. Quickly, I sat down in the seat. Now his attention was fully on me.

"Would you like me to get you some coff-" Mr Kim immediately interrupted me.

"You don't have to do anything," he said with his head in his hands. "I just want to talk..." He mumbled. Mr Kim had an expression on his face that I had never seen him make. Is he nervous?

"Talk about what?" I asked, trying to fill the silence.

"For this to work, I need you to be my real girlfriend." He said, staring straight into my eyes.

I sat there frozen. Did my boss just ask me to be his real girlfriend? I mean, he is pretty attractive and smart and- "It's okay if you say no, but if you do, I'm afraid you'll have to quit." My eyes grew wide at his statement. "Am I doing this right?" He mumbled to himself. He didn't seem to be very experienced in asking girls out. He stood up in his desk and walked over to me. "Maybe this will work better," he said softly as he pulled me out of my and chair into his arms. He was holding me so close I could feel his heart beating.

"I love you, y/n," he whispered. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I would have stumbled backwards if Mr Kim wasn't holding on to me tightly.

"I'll let you think about it." He said as he let go. Mr Kim walked back over to his desk and picked up his phone. "I'm going to work later tonight so I'm calling Jin to pick you up." He said while pulling it to his to his ear.

"Okay," I mumbled while waking to the door.

"Y/n," he called, making me stop in the doorway. "Goodnight." I didn't have the courage to turn around and face him.

"Goodnight Mr Kim." I responded before walking out of his office.