Twenty

He did it. He went though with it. As he slipped away, I was ejected from his body. I looked at his shell. Lifeless. He looked even skinnier in person. He wouldn't have made it another week. He thought that he'd won but I had let him do it. Mark was now going to be alone. All by himself. I wasn't going to take Mark next, that would be unfair. I wasn't a nice spirit a lot of the time but I had some decency. He made me realise that I was horrible. I made people turn against themselves. I was... Anti. Anti-human. I heard a car coming into the driveway and went to the window. It was Mark. He let Chica out of the back of the car. He was so blissfully unaware of what was going to happen. He smiled as Chica ran up and sat at the door, panting. I felt... sorry for him. I looked back to Sean's limp body. Bruises appearing on his neck slowly. I'm so sorry Mark...

There was a note on the inside door. Chica bounced by the door, waiting for me to open it. As I read the note, my heart dropped through my feet and deep into the floor. He was gone. Jack... Sean... He was gone. I was fighting back tears as I took the note and went to sit in my car. Chica followed me and sat by the open door, whining. I dialled 911 with tears falling from my eyes.
"911, what is your emergency?"
"My friend... he killed himself"
"Are you 100% sure that he's dead?" The woman asked and I could hear her typing.
"I don't know... he told me not to go up there..."
I gave them my address and the call ended. I broke down and Chica jumped into my lap.

When the ambulance arrived, they went upstairs with a body bag and I was taken to the back of ambulance and had a shock blanket wrapped around me. "He's gone..." Was all I could mutter whenever I was asked questions. The press surrounded our house, only held back by the police. With us both being youtubers, this was going to be all over the place. It wasn't long before I could feel my phone bursting with notifications, texts and miss calls. But I replied to none of them. I was frozen, staring at the floor. Chica had been put into the back of my car. When I finally moved my eyes, that's when I saw it. A body bag on a stretcher. I lost it. It confirmed that he was really dead.

It also reinforced the fact that I was alone. Again.