Thirteen

It was a blazing hot day and Mark had sent me shopping. Since I got out of the hospital, I stayed inside most of the time which my therapist said was understandable. As far as they knew, I'd witnessed a suicide.

With my list in hand, I went into the store. The middle-aged cashier nodded to me and I nodded back. Even though the shop was fairly cool, I still had to take off my flannel and tie it around my waist. I was looking at the food for Chica and a small voice made me jump.
"Did the angels make you do that?" I looked around and then down at a small curly-haired girl. I squatted down so I was at her level.
"Do what?" I asked her. My heart sank when she pointed to the long scar on my arm.
"Did the angels make you do that?" she asked again. I took a deep breath.
"Very bad angels"
"What happened to them?" Bless her, she was going to make me cry. I forgot how blissfully unaware children were.
"They're still around" I smiled gently. when I scanned the store, I couldn't see another adult around that could be her mum.
"My brother said that but I think they took him" I was trying to keep myself from crying. She had no idea.
"Mummy said he's in a better place now" she smiled.
"Just don't let them get you okay?" I told her, looking into her big brown eyes.
"I won't" she hesitated before speaking again.
"I like your hair" she reached out to touch it just as a woman came around the corner.
"Carmensita, leave the poor man alone. I'm so sorry" she looked at me and smiled.
"No, no. it's fine" I stood up again and the girl went to her mother.
"Are you jacksepticeye?" my heart dropped again. I didn't think anyone recognised me anymore.
"I was, yeah"
"My son watched you, would you mind if I got a signature?"
"I don't really do them anymore but sure" I smiled to the woman who started shuffling through her bag for a piece of paper and a pen. I signed it and put a smiley face at the end.
"Thank you so much" the woman smiled. Her and her daughter said bye and we both went back to shopping.

Mark was out when I got back. Chica was gone too. I put the shopping away and sighed, leaning on the counter. What had my life come to?
I was starting to play how we'd get Bob drowned. Pool party? Who had a pool though? Certainly not Mark.
It's too soon. What the Hell, why was he making me think about this?! I had just killed one of my best friends against my will. I fucking hated this and there was no way to get rid of it. I couldn't starve to drive him out because it only made him stronger. I couldn't take pills to get rid of him. I couldn't do ANYTHING to get him out. Help me.