Fifteen

We'd been cleaning Bob's house for 6 hours now and we were nowhere near finished. I sat on the floor of what was once our game room, surrounded in filth. We always used to have our gaming nights over at Bob and Wade's place so this room was home to an Xbox, PlayStation, wall-mounted tv and a pc that was just for gaming. There was four controllers for each console however the only ones I could see were two PlayStation ones and one Xbox one. Everything was covered in a thick layer of dust since when me and Mark moved into our current house, we had a bigger place for gaming and never really came over here anymore.
"This brings back memories" Mark said as he uncovered a fist-shaped dent in the wall. Both me and Bob turned to look and smiled. We'd all had too much to drink that night and were in an very competitive game of Worms. Me and Wade had killed Mark and Bob's last worm and that sent Mark into a fit of rage. He threw the controller to the ground and then punched the wall, hence the dent.
"Still haven't played Worms since" Bob said, shaking his head and going back to sorting a pile of papers. Mark chuckled and I looked at the mess around me.
"Did you just throw all of your crap into this room?" I asked.
"Jack, you can't say that!" Mark snapped around and looked at me.
"No, no, its fine. He's right" Bob sighed. There was mail all around me and a lot of it wasn't recent.
"I had to tidy up the house for when Wade's family came over after the funeral... So I shoved most of the things that were on the dining room table into here as... nobody really comes in here anymore..." He closed his eyes for a second. I picked up a letter. It was addressed to Wade and unopened. I didn't bring it up as Bob was already leaning against the wall holding the bridge of his nose. Mark climbed over all the crap and went to him, rubbing his back.
"We all miss him Bob, and we will do for a long while. He was a good person, a great one. And I don't think we could ever find any one to replace him"
"I don't want to replace him!" Bob chocked through the tears. "He was my best friend and I loved him more than anything else in this world. I don't see the fucking point" He dropped all the paper her was holding and they flittered to the floor. We were all in silence apart from Bob crying. He was majorly depressed and I don't think that me and Mark could help. I was about to offer for him to come and stay with us but He fought against it. We need to be here for his pool. Make them get in the pool.
" Should we... go swimming for a bit to have a break?" Mark looked at me and smiled. Bob sighed and stood up properly.
"Okay. The keys for the pool are in the kitchen draw" He rubbed his eyes and sighed again.
"Come on, it'll be good for you" Mark said, patting our friend on the back. I knew deep down that this was not going to end well.