Chapter 32

Vincent growled and slammed his hands onto the table knocking over glasses and making the room full of people look at him. "PET! Come here now!" Vincent growled he knew his eyes were glowing blood red; the children in the room ran to their mothers and tried to hide behind them. Talen looked straight at his master "No," he said as he raised Nathan to his feet, Nathan stood at about 5'4; leaning into Nathan's shoulder Talen felt his fangs elongate Talen placed his lips onto Nathan's neck and clamped his jaws closed tightly. Nathan whimpered as he felt Talen's fangs price the soft flesh of his neck; as Talen released his hold on Nathan's neck he turned to where his master was being held back by five warriors and his sister. Talen grabbed Nathan's hand and walked out of the room, as he walked up the grand stair case he felt Nathan looking at the back of his head. As Talen reached his masters office he opened the door, Talen lead Nathan to the chairs in front of the large desk. Talen motioned for Nathan to sit in the chair opposite of him, as Nathan sat down Talen said, "Tell me your past." It was a simple command and Nathan nodded.

"My mother was human, my father was a vampire. They were mates, neither of them thought about changing my mother before completing the bond. My mother was very sick; she had cancer at least that was what I was told. My father got her pregnant and couldn't risk killing his child in the process of changing her. My mother carried me to term, but her body couldn't handle the pain of giving birth; they had to cut me out of my mother's dead body. My father tried to raise me but he couldn't get over his mates death; everyday I would see him die a little more. One week he didn't drink a drop of blood, I found him laying in the back yard waiting for the sun. Since I am a half breed, a runt, I can walk in the sun light. I pulled him inside; he hated me for saving him: he told me to pack my things, and I did as I was told. He took me to the clan house, and just left me there, he didn't look back ounce. I know he died I felt it, the last piece of my family was ripped away from me." Nathan was in sobs as Vincent entered the office; neither talen nor Nathan noticed his presence.

"After that I started reading a lot, I still when to school I tried to get straight A's. everyone at school noticed the change in me, I became quite I started to hate my existence when I was alone in my room I would cut myself just so I could feel something other then being numb. That's why those guys were picking on me, all of the jocks on the football team know I cut myself, having to change in gym sucks." Talen growled and wrapped his arms around Nathan; he could feel the sobs running through Nathan's body. Talen felt a hand be pressed into his shoulder, turning his head he saw his master standing there his eyes blood red but hidden behind the rage was a kind of lost puppy look.

Vincent couldn't breathe how could all of this be going on underneath his own nose. He was a failure as a clan leader, innocent people were getting hurt continuously and he hadn't known a thing about it.