chapter 28

Aira's pov

"Aira, go take a shower!" Mom shouted from the kitchen when she heard the television still on which means I was still lazying on the couch.

"After this mom." I raised my voice so she'd hear.

"No. Look at the clock. It's almost 12 pm! A girl is not supposed to shower late morning." Now, she have appeared from the kitchen and infront of me.

"Just 5 more minutes, please?" I whined and cuddled myself on the couch while shutting my eyes closed until I felt my mom taking away the pillow I was laying on and the one that I was hugging.

"No woman. Now." Mom said intimidatingly.

"Finee," I sighed and rolled off the couch causing me to fall on the floor on my stomach, earning a grunt from me and a giggle from my mom.

"Honey, do I cook this now?" We heard dad's voice calling my mom from the kitchen. My dad's a good cook so if my mom aren't feeling well or she's too tired, my dad is there to help.

"I'm gonna go back cooking and you better finish showering once we're done cooking." She ordered.

"Yes ma'am."

So I jogged upstairs and went straight to my room. Fetching my towel across my room, I plopped down on my bed and picking my phone up from the nightstand. I unlocked my phone smiling when I laid eyes on our picture that I set as my lockscreen. There were messages coming from my separated bestfriend from an hour ago.

Kryspy chips 🍟:

BISH, HOW MANY YEARS HAS IT BEEN AND YOU'RE ONLY TEXTING ME NOW?

ANd im good! How abt u?

I thot u forgot abt me! What a good bestfriend u are :')

I chuckled at her texts before replying.

Me: YAAH WHY DIDNT U TEXT ME THEN?! AND I WOULD NEVER FORGET ABT U, DUMMY.

Kryspy: Sorry, I was too busy with the exams and assignments.

Me: Awe, that busy babe? Must been hard. I'm dealing the same.

Kryspy: Yeah :(

Me: Aren't u guys given break or a holiday?

Kryspy: Ofc!

Me: Then use it wisely -.-

Kryspy: I did! I just got distracted sometimes by

I furrowed my eyebrows at her text as if trying to figure out what she was trying to say. I think she just unintentionally tapped the send bar which explained the unfinished sentence.

Kryspy: ahhh i wasnt supposed to send that, i mean- you know with all the social medias and yeah ya know, stuff.

Me: tell me woman, i know you're lying.

Kryspy: Me? Lying? Pshh.

Me: yeah definitely. So spill it out. Who's distracting you? Met a handsome guy who have you wrapped in his hands? Hmm?

Kryspy: Aira! Ugh! You're unbelievable!

Me: Cut to the chase sweetie :)

Kryspy: Hey, how about you and Taehyung? Still together?

Me: Don't tryna change the topic krys!