chapter 2

Aira's pov

"Taehyung,"

"Aira.."

I felt my heart pounding against my chest as I gulped and pushed away my hair that was covering my face.

I looked away to search for the right words to say but nothing came out of my mouth. He looked different. He looked grown up now and more handsome. His hairstyle never change but he still nailed it.

His eyes glistened with light and sadness and I frowned seeing his emotionless face. Although, when he saw me, I see the change in his face as if he's surprised.

He walked forward until he was just a few centimetes away from me. He was about to open his arms but then, Auntie called from the dining room, stopping what he was going to do.

I snapped my head to where her voice came from and looked back at Taehyung.

"I guess we should head to the dining room." I said.

"Let's go," I felt butterflies in my stomach hearing his voice.

Was he going to hug me?

"Oh Taehyung! Dear, how are you?" My mom asked enthusiastically when Taehyung walked in from behind me.

"Hi auntie, I'm fine. How about you?" He asked back as he went forward to hug my mom.

I smiled when I saw his precious smile but I can tell that it was a bit forced. My mom replied him as he went to man-hug with my dad too.

Then, we both took our seats which was next to each other because that's the only seats left.

I felt as if we were back to the old days where mom and auntie would always plan our seats so we'd sit next to each other.

"Thank you for the food Auntie," I smiled before I started muching up the delicious looking food Auntie made.

"Welcome sweetie."

We were eating peacefully until my mom broke the silence by asking a question to Taehyung.

"So Taehyung ah, which college did you go to?"

"The one near our neighborhood." He replied politely.

"Are you seeing someone now?" My ears perked up to that question.

I can literally feel his eyes on me for a few seconds while I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"No."

Haven't he moved on from Jessica?

I sighed, maybe Jessica's too precious for him.

"Why?"

I made eye contact with my mom, signalling her to stop furthering the question. Even though I was curious, I don't need to know or be confirmed by him that he still love Jessica.

Wait, why do I care if he still love her or not?

Aira, what is wrong with you?

"I thought I should keep waiting until she comes back."

I stopped eating when he said that. He looked at me the same time I turned my head to look at him. It was as if we had a conversation in our mind. My mom and Auntie looked like they understood the silence because they made eye contact and did their own business.

I averted my gaze away and continued to finish my food so I can excuse myself.

He was waiting for me? Why would he do that?

'I thought I should keep waiting until she comes back.'

Does he know?

I could feel his gaze burning into my soul so I stood up and excused myself to the kitchen to wash my dishes. I inhaled deeply when I thought I was alone but then, a voice interrupted making me jump a little bit.

"Aira.. why did you leave me?" He said. His voice sad, making my heart clutch.

I slowly turned around to look at him in the eye. I felt my heart breaking when I see his empty eyes that used to be filled with so much enthusiasms and happiness.

"Do you know how hurt I was when you left me? I was so scared when I lost you. You didn't even say goodbye. Was it that easy for you to leave me?"

"Don't say that. I didn't left you for no reason, Taehyung. You weren't the only one hurting. I was too. It hurts me more than you. And it was not easy leaving you behind. You didn't know how much I cried to let out all the pain. All you know was crying over Jessica. You... you pushed everyone away, including me." Tears was beginning to form in my eyes as I said all those words.

"Really? Was it really hard? Then why is it so easy for you to move on?" He asked back, his voice cracking at the last sentence.

I looked at him in disbelief, "What do you mean?"

"You're not wearing our ring."

He knew.

I exhaled a breath before walking past him but he grabbed my wrist and brought me to the garden behind his house. Before I could protest, he beat me to it, "Let's talk."

I sighed.

He stopped infront the bench as he let go of my wrist and waited for me to speak. I stared at him for a moment and sighed before speaking, "How did you know?"

He let out a laugh in disbelief.

"So it was real. You're engaged. I thought it was hard for you. Guess it wasn't." Sarcasm and anger was in his tone when he said that. How could he shift from being in despair to being so heartless?

I gave him a look.

"Whatever Taehyung, if you're just trying to pick a fight then I'm going in."

Is it my fault now?

"Why aira? I thought you're different from anyone else but you're no different! Is this what girls like to do to men? Make them fall in love and then leave them like they're nothing but garbage?"

"Oh, so it's my fault now?"

"You're with someone else! Whatever, I thought Jessica will be the only one that deceived me in a fake love-"

"Don't compare me with her! You don't know what I went through!" I yelled and rapidly walked away from him while wiping away my tears harshly.