22. Unintentional revenge

Elijah's POV

Katherine was kissing me, but I didn't kiss her back. At first I was shocked, but I pulled away after a few seconds, when I understood how wrong it was.

I have an amazing wife that I love unconditionally. I cannot do this to her. I cannot let Petrova's charms entice me again. I already didn't tell Aria that the person I'm helping is Katherine.

"Katherine, there can't be anything between us. I have a wife and came here to help you just as a friend."

"Elijah, don't say that you don't have feeling for me." She came closer again, but I stepped back.

"I had once. But now I don't feel anything for you."

"But, Elijah..."

"Goodbye, Katherine." I said and walked away from her.

I will tell Aria the truth. I'll go back to her and tell her. I won't let this simple thing destroy our happiness. I'll be completely honest with my wife from now on with everything.

***************

Aria's POV

I was sitting at the bar, feeling numb. The only thing I wanted to do was to drink, drink and drink again. I hoped it could ease my pain at least a little bit.

After about an hour of sitting there, Stefan and Damon sat down, so I was between them.

"My good caring girlfriend became a emotionless crazy killing machine." Damon tried to start a conversation.

"My husband cheats on me with a doppelganger."

"You won." Damon raised a glass and drank from it.

"Are you sure, Aria?" Stefan asked me with a frown on his face.

"Well I didn't hear that kissing is a friend thing yet, so yeah, I think I'm pretty sure." I said sarcastically.

"He's a dick." Damon spat.

"Agreed." I said and drank from my glass.

"What are you going to do now? Will you come back to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked.

"Don't worry about that. You clearly don't need an another original vampire in your town and I'm planning to go as far away from my dear husband as I can."

"As impolite as it sounds, thank you for not coming." Damon smiled at me.

"Your welcome." We all chuckled.

After that Stefan and Damon stood up.

"We'll go now. Good luck, Aria." Stefan smiled sadly at me.

"You too." I nodded.

"Good bye, beautiful lady." He called me that when we met for the first time. I smiled at him and watched them exit the bar.

I think that if I would've stayed in Mystic Falls longer, I would be good friends with Salvatore brothers.

***********************

Elijah's POV

"By the way, where's Aria? I thought she was with you." Rebekah asked me while I was driving the car back to Mystic Falls. I turned to her with confused expression.

"What do mean, Rebekah? She was here?"

"Yes. She came with me to help search for the cure. The last time I saw her was when we split up. I went with Damon while she went with Stefan."

"If she was here why did she call me? And where's she now?" I asked myself loudly.

"I don't know. You should ask Stefan when we come back." Rebekah suggested.

*******************

"Stefan, where's Aria?" That was the first question I asked when I crossed Salvatores' house doorstep.

"She didn't give us a specific location. Only said "As far away as possible."" Stefan said.

"From what?" I asked confused.

"You."

It hit me like a lightning. Why would she say that?

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"Long story short, she saw you and Katherine kiss." Damon came and said. "And if you'd like to know, when we saw Aria at the bar, she looked like shit. So congratulations!" He added sarcastically.

*********************

Aria's POV

I was driving not knowing where myself.

I didn't even try to block my mind from him. I knew it was impossible. After all, I couldn't forget him for a thousand years. How can I now?

But I knew that I need to do that.

I need to erase my one and only love from my heart and mind.

The only person, who I loved.

The person, who crushed my heart.

END OF THE FIRST BOOK

**************************************************

Hellooooo!!!

Finally! My first book is completed! I'm soo excited!

Thank You all very much for reading this book and supporting me! It means a LOT to me!

Don't worry. There for sure will be a sequel. I'll update this book once more to give You information about it, but I doubt it will happen very soon.

Vote and comment!

Thank You again!💖