1. Disturbance of a peaceful life

Aria's POV

I was sitting in café while in front of me was a breathtaking view of Colosseum. I have been staying in Rome over a year, but still couldn't stop aweing at all of those incredible buildings. Italy was one of my most favorite countries in Europe.

I was wearing a maxi mint skirt with a light pink crop top and cork wedge sandals that all went perfectly together. I had a tiracolo relevo serpent that was the same color as my sandals.

 I had a tiracolo relevo serpent that was the same color as my sandals

Suddenly this perfect day was interrupted by my ringing phone. When I saw the callers ID I rolled my eyes.

"If I didn't know you, I would say that you're attracted to me, Nik"

"I'm afraid that you're quite right, my love." said Niklaus from the other line.

"Now tell me, what have you done this time?" I asked.

"Actually, I wanted to invite you to our family reunion, that is going to happen very soon."

I was a little bit shocked about what he said. I've never thought that all Mikaelsons could be reunited as one whole happy family. You could say that this family was... complicated at least.

"How so?" I asked interested.

"Well I thought that it would be a good time to undagger all of my brothers and at least try to create a happy family, when we have a perfect place in our homeland, Mystic Falls, our dearest father Mikael is killed and I've finally activated my werewolf side, which makes me an unstoppable hybrid." I could swear that he had his signature smirk on while he was saying this.

I knew that he was staying at Mystic Falls and that he broke the curse from our Frequent conversations through phone, but I was extremely shocked of what he said about Mikael. It's true that I was scared of him and hated him as much as the others in Mikaelson family, but I never believed that after a thousand years he could be finally dead and that we don't need to run from him anymore.

"These are truly wonderful news. But what has he done to you this time, that he deserved to be daggered?" I asked him.

"Nothing very specific. I just wanted to make sure that he won't get in to my way while I'll be creating my army of hybrids." He answered like it was the most understandable reason.

I truly love Niklaus, he's like a brother to me, but this is one of his actions that I cannot justify. I never understood Niklaus hunger for power and how he could sacrifice family for it.

"So what is your answer, my dear sister in law? Are you going to take part in this exclusive family reunion?" he teased me with this title.

"Well I'm a part of this family... So I suppose that I should make an appearance in this reunion." I said. "Besides, I missed you, Bekah... Kol." I just couldn't say his name, especially when I still don't know how I feel about him.

"I take that as a yes. When are you planning to come?" Nik asked.

"I should be in Mystic Falls in two days if everything goes well."

"Good. I'll see you soon, Ari." I could say that Nik was eager to meet me as was I. After all we haven't seen each other for years.

"Bye." I said and hung up.

I didn't want to leave Rome. I got used to a peaceful life and I doubted that Mikaelsons family's dramas would do any good to my nerves. But even so, they are my family and I cannot just ignore them. I cannot ignore him.

The truth is that, I tried to erase him from my life, but my disobedient heart wouldn't listen to me. My consciousness told me that he left me, betrayed me, didn't have enough faith in me and believed in lies, and that's why i shouldn't feel about him that way. However my heart didn't want to forget him. Even after all those years he still has a special place in my heart and it looks like he's not planning to leave anytime soon.

This is the other reason, why I decided to go back to Mistic Falls, that I didn't mention to Niklaus. I want to finally be sure about my feelings for my husband. I want to know if I still love Elijah Mikaelson like I once did.

~1001

I was standing with my parents in front of Mikael, Esther and Elijah. Our families were close, but I had no clue why we were here. I was taken aback by my parents' mood. My father had a small smile on while my mother smiled widely.

"It's not a secret that our families wanted to unite long before." Esther started talking while looking at me and Elijah."And it looks like we have found a solution."

We both looked questioningly at her.

"Elijah and Aria are going to get married."

The least you could say that I was shocked by her statement. I was a little bit happy that would get Elijah for a husband. It's not a secret for my family that through all those years I started to develop feelings for him. He always was a noble, honorable, trustworthy and a good one from all Mikaelsons brothers. Of course very attractive too. And that's why I fell in love with Elijah Mikaelson.

But when I looked in his eyes, I remembered one person.

Tatia.

A beautiful brunet woman, who caught Niklaus and Elijah's eye. Both brothers were fighting over her attention. The other day I heard that Tatia have chosen Elijah over Niklaus.

When I glanced at Elijah, I saw how he opened his mouth to speak, but when his eyes met Mikael's, he closed it again.

After that we both didn't say anything, our parents decided to go to discuss some wedding matters, while we both stood in our places staring at each other.

My eyes started to water, when realization hit me. All my life I have dreamed that I will have a husband, who will be in love with me and I'll be in love with him. But only in a few minutes my dreams were shattered in to tiny peaces. I'll be married to a man, that is in love with another woman and will never love me, like he loves her.

I quickly turned around and left the house, before anyone could see how tears started to flow from my eyes like a waterfall.

**************************************************

A/N

Hello, everyone!

I just wanted to inform You, that this is my very first book and that here will be lots of mistakes. I'd be very grateful, if You would write Your opinion about this book (maybe, even give me some tips for writing).

I hope You enjoyed this chapter! Let me know in the comments.

Thank You!❤